Setting up a Primestar Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G10 can be pretty tough to find, generally speaking. With the power levels associated with the transponders, you may not be receiving enough signal to get a lock. I usually have good luck with the Spanish-speaking channels. They seem to have enough power to find the sat cleanly. Take a look at Lyngsat to see what TP to look for.

Use.....

DFreq. 11800

Pol. V

SR. 26657

Thats one of my strongest TP. on the G10R satellite.

G11 is at 91ºw and you want to move west to 123ºw

32º to the right from behind the dish!

i can pickup amc 10/c from where it is set 8 sats at the same setting with quality of from 20 to 90

AMC 10 is at 135W, so you want to bring the dish back to the east, closer to your True south about 12 degrees. When you say "8 sats", are you actually saying eight transponders on the AMC 10 satellite? I'm just tryin' to keep the terminology straight.

I was just wondering the same thing? What are you using to figure out where you are? Are you using a compass? Are you using the receiver meter to find signal strength? Do you have a cup full of tea leaves?:)

EASY hantu with new memebers please!

"Do you have a cup full of tea leaves?"

We all had to start someplace!

I wasn't bein' a smarta**, honest. I was making fun of myself for asking too many questions at once. I always like to help where I can (which isn't very often with my intellect).

I am looking at G13 on Lyngsat and see that there are 9 tp on the satellite. Maybe that is where he is actually ponted.

hantu said:
I wasn't bein' a smarta**, honest. I was making fun of myself for asking too many questions at once. I always like to help where I can (which isn't very often with my intellect).

I am looking at G13 on Lyngsat and see that there are 9 tp on the satellite. Maybe that is where he is actually ponted.

Cool :)

Just because thats the satellite NAMED on your receiver it does not mean thats the satellite your dish is actually pointing at!

What channel names are you getting?

amc 10/c
amc4/ku
g11/ku
amc1/ku
amc1/c
pas/3r/c
pas9/c is what the receiver say

Those are satellite names, not channel names.

Are you getting channels?

on amc 10/c
esperanza tv
hope channel
atniacn service 1
tv english
tv latino and thier are more some repeats

All of those channels are on amc-4. What you are seeing is this:
Your reciever only looks for a frequency/symbol rate to determine quality. It has no idea what actual satellite it is looking at. So if you are pointed at amc 4, and then go to antenna setup and tell it to look at a different sat, if it finds the above parameters (or close) in the tps setup by default on that sat, it will give you sq even thou you are not pointed at that satellite.

Sam,

You are pretty close at this point. You are currently pointed at 101 degrees W and want to be at 123. Without a compass to guide you, this could be a little tricky.

If you go outside, stand in the same direction that the dish faces when it is at it's 'zero reference" point (True South) and then get the dish to point about 45 degrees from that spot, you should be almost there. After that, you can probably use the receiver to "nudge" the motor electrically into position.

Don't give up! You're almost there!

45 degrees to your right, that is. Pardon the edit. Should have said that the first time

I would enter a LIVE transponder and move the satellite dish VERY slowly watching all the time for signal QUALITY only!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts