Setting up everything

FTA4PA-Thank you for your help today. I will have to get a barrel connector to join the two cables. Doubt I will be able to get it before friday. How do you know what quality the coax is?

FTA4PA-Thank you for your help today. I will have to get a barrel connector to join the two cables. Doubt I will be able to get it before friday. How do you know what quality the coax is?
Specs should be written on the side of the cable or the box it is sold in. Lowes and Home Depot both sell pre-made cables as well as spools of coax that you can cut to length and put your own connectors on - try to get RG6 that is sweep tested to 3000MHz (3Ghz) if at all possible. I don't know if either are open tomorrow but that would be the best option if you have access to the cable run into your home and don't mind replacing it. Also, avoid white coax if possible, as it breaks down more quickly from uv exposure than black. PS: If not replacing the cable, they may sell the barrel connectors, or possibly Radio Shack.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Homestead

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)