Setting up my Eastern Bud (finally)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

The Rage

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2016
Joanna, SC
Been a long time since I been on here folks. Since I got broadband, I've been streaming alot BUT just recently got back into watching SES1 (Heroes, Decades, Movies). Still got the 12 year Perfect Ten 10 footer sitting 14 foot above the ground with the C/KU feed on it the kind man gave me last year. Still have the entire dish and actuator too. SO, now, I'm "thinking" on auging out the hole and making this an "Eastern Arc" BUD. Wamt it to scan just a little West of my True South (82W) and then as far down to the horizon as I can get it. It'll be behind the garage on a much shorter pole (7.5 foot) BUT that won't be too much of a problem seeing as about 30 degrees, I'd be shooting into a line of trees and houses about 200 yds away.
I've got a Titanium C-Band LNBF and an old Chaparrel C-band with a California LNB on it. It'll be low enough to the ground that I can experiment with it from the ground OR a short step ladder, different lnb's, circular and linear.
I know there's stuff on 58 and 40.5 BUT overall, what "suprises" might I find down that low?. AND, with another Perfect 10 mesh, is it going to be worth hole diggin' and the two sacks of Sacrete when I'm done?. What I'm trying to do is find BBC and Russian feeds. I can get a toller Schedule 40 pole BUT working that high in the air with the one I've got, even on a 12 foot stept ladder, is awkward.

End of story?. Is it worth it?. I'd run the coax feed to my Diseq and into the house from there (which btw, I'm also going to finally replace my existing control and RG cables and bury them via conduit to the existing setup. Tired of them flopping around out there "in the air")...

Looking for wild DVB-S and S2 feeds because foreign language scheduled programming is of little interest to me. Reason I just disconnected my 90 cm dish aimed at G19. It still out there attached by a bracket to the Perfect 10's pole BUT I get so much more with the BUD I don't need it.

Anyway, thanks for still being here. Answer if you have the time. THANKS!
Da' Rage...

Been a long time since I been on here folks. Since I got broadband, I've been streaming alot BUT just recently got back into watching SES1 (Heroes, Decades, Movies). Still got the 12 year Perfect Ten 10 footer sitting 14 foot above the ground with the C/KU feed on it the kind man gave me last year. Still have the entire dish and actuator too. SO, now, I'm "thinking" on auging out the hole and making this an "Eastern Arc" BUD. Wamt it to scan just a little West of my True South (82W) and then as far down to the horizon as I can get it. It'll be behind the garage on a much shorter pole (7.5 foot) BUT that won't be too much of a problem seeing as about 30 degrees, I'd be shooting into a line of trees and houses about 200 yds away.
I've got a Titanium C-Band LNBF and an old Chaparrel C-band with a California LNB on it. It'll be low enough to the ground that I can experiment with it from the ground OR a short step ladder, different lnb's, circular and linear.
I know there's stuff on 58 and 40.5 BUT overall, what "suprises" might I find down that low?. AND, with another Perfect 10 mesh, is it going to be worth hole diggin' and the two sacks of Sacrete when I'm done?. What I'm trying to do is find BBC and Russian feeds. I can get a toller Schedule 40 pole BUT working that high in the air with the one I've got, even on a 12 foot stept ladder, is awkward.

End of story?. Is it worth it?. I'd run the coax feed to my Diseq and into the house from there (which btw, I'm also going to finally replace my existing control and RG cables and bury them via conduit to the existing setup. Tired of them flopping around out there "in the air")...

Looking for wild DVB-S and S2 feeds because foreign language scheduled programming is of little interest to me. Reason I just disconnected my 90 cm dish aimed at G19. It still out there attached by a bracket to the Perfect 10's pole BUT I get so much more with the BUD I don't need it.

Anyway, thanks for still being here. Answer if you have the time. THANKS!
Da' Rage...
By far the most programming you'll find east of 55.5 will be on 40.5W, and it's mostly in Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish. There's English radio there too (British Forces Broadcasting Service).

There are however a few things in English that I was able to receive recently, on 34.5 W (circular) and 37.5 W (Linear) - AFN and Hip-TV.

Now, if you can go as far east as the Eutelsats on 5W and 8W, they might have many African channels in English (and French).

I was not able to lock on anything on 31.5 and 27.5 (getting into trees and power lines).

By far the most programming you'll find east of 55.5 will be on 40.5W, and it's mostly in Brazilian Portuguese and Spanish. There's English radio there too (British Forces Broadcasting Service).

There are however a few things in English that I was able to receive recently, on 34.5 W (circular) and 37.5 W (Linear) - AFN and Hip-TV.

Now, if you can go as far east as the Eutelsats on 5W and 8W, they might have many African channels in English (and French).

I was not able to lock on anything on 31.5 and 27.5 (getting into trees and power lines).

THANKS for the fast reply and helpful information. That would be nice to go as low as 5w BUT I'd be shooting thru a chain link fence at that elevation although if on top of the one two story building downtown, I "might" be able to see it. Tpo bad I got rid of that H-H mount I had, although I could never adapt it to any dish I had and it work correctly....This is when I wish I'd gotten that Birdview a few years back with the H-H mount BUT didn't have a trailer to get it home. The School District has one a tthe local elementary school BUT the red tape of getting that isn't worth the hassle of asking.
One last question?. Any BBC or even US wild feeds on those Atlantic sats in-the clear dvb-s/se? Appreciate it!

THANKS for the fast reply and helpful information. That would be nice to go as low as 5w BUT I'd be shooting thru a chain link fence at that elevation although if on top of the one two story building downtown, I "might" be able to see it. Tpo bad I got rid of that H-H mount I had, although I could never adapt it to any dish I had and it work correctly....This is when I wish I'd gotten that Birdview a few years back with the H-H mount BUT didn't have a trailer to get it home. The School District has one a tthe local elementary school BUT the red tape of getting that isn't worth the hassle of asking.
One last question?. Any BBC or even US wild feeds on those Atlantic sats in-the clear dvb-s/se? Appreciate it!

I guess I'm lucky being able to see everything from 139W to beyond 61.5W. I know I can go well beyond 61.5W, but never actually played with it. I'm in a valley with due east on one end, and west on the other. There's a lot of huge oak trees all around me, but across the road looking south, none of them are tall enough to block my line of sight. If it ever happens, there may be a rash of mysteriously dying trees. :)

Moving your dish down was a good idea. All my dishes are on 10 foot poles, which makes them much easier to work on and mow under. Depending on the ground composition, you may want to consider using a couple more bags of concrete. I never use less than six 80lb bags with 4 foot of the pole under ground, because even in this valley, we get some pretty strong winds. Just a suggestion. Hope all goes well with your install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)