setting up network.

sA :: Shaggy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
5701 S Santa Fe Dr
I am trying to setup my network for all my needs.

I ran all new CAT5 lines to each room in my house.

Right now I have my Uverse gateway in the office feeding 2 desktop computers threw cat5.

I have one 612 on cat5 in the living room and now my 922 in my bedroom off another cat5.

So all the ports on the gateway are filled.

Heres my issue and maybe someone can give me an idea to fix it.

Im trying to hook up (in my bedroom)
922, xbox 360, ps3, wii (Thank you sat guys!!!!!)

I only have one cat5 going to the bedroom, but i do have a linksys wifi router. Is there any way to convert this wr54g (I think) into a switch of some kind to give internet to all these components.

I tried hooking up to the router and the 922 says its failing connection but direct connect is working fine.

thanks

Just plug the cat 5 in the bedroom into a switch, then plug in the 922 etc into the switch.Might be able to use a network hub as well.

You are going to need a switch if you want everything connected at one time. The WRT54G you have can be used, but you will only have 3 empty ports after feeding it from your Uverse RG. While using in this manner you have to run the ethernet cable from the other router into one of the 4 ports and not the "internet" port. If you try the WRT go in and disable DHCP before trying it, along with making sure it is set to router mode and not gateway. I would also set the ip plus one from the RG if it's available.

It is likely that you would be using all the equipment at once, so you could just leave one disconnected until it is used.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts