Setting up Tripod Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Chisu

Original poster
Jun 4, 2011
Southern California
Hello! I have a DirecTV dish from a previous installation and I want to set it up at a different house. I am not sure how to do this as I was told people take their D TV dish with them on their RV trips. So I will be using one of the receivers i have for my current set up for the new set up.

How do I set it up? what equipment do i need? my dish is a DTV32+ eagle (need more discription?). What angle do i need to point it at?

thanks for all your help!

Chances are it's an older set up you've mentioned, more than likely it will do the 101 only and SD at that.

You didn't give us much to work with,

What recvrs are you planning to use with this camping set up ?

Are you looking for HD or just SD ?

What did do you currently have at your place ?

The angles for alignment can be found in the setup menu of the receiver/dvr.

I'm sure it is old, but aren't the azimuth and elevation settings in the menus even in the old boxes?

Planning to use a receiver Model: H25-500. This dish was purchased in 2009. I have no idea what kind of dish it is. All i have on the sticker is Eagle DTV32+ and Pro Band International. What else do you need to identify the dish? HD would be nice... but unsure if the dish can handle it
thanks for all the replies.

Planning to use a receiver Model: H25-500. This dish was purchased in 2009. I have no idea what kind of dish it is. All i have on the sticker is Eagle DTV32+ and Pro Band International. What else do you need to identify the dish? HD would be nice... but unsure if the dish can handle it
thanks for all the replies.

If your using the H25, the dish will need to be a Slimline, the one you mentioned will not work for it, you'll be able to get the core programming on the 101 sat, however, I doubt that you will get anything as the authorization the recvr looks for will need to see all the Sats to accept and it won't see them.

Where could i get a receiver that would work with the dish? if that is at all possible. or would getting a different dish be better? and where would i get one of those?

Where could i get a receiver that would work with the dish? if that is at all possible. or would getting a different dish be better? and where would i get one of those?

Thats a brand new recvr younare using, I would look for a Slimline dish...
However, someone mentioned that that particular recvr needs a SWM set up.

I cannot confirm that as I haven't even looked into the H25 yet.
If so, make sure you get the SWN set up, but I would check on it first as a Slimline would be easier to come across.

You can get either dish at site sponsors or a variety of online stores.

Claude at the Dish Store probably has them.
Solid Signal I'm sure has them as well.

Both I have found very reliable :up

According to the 1st Look PDF file at the other place it does say SWM only. That seems a bit silly to me. But oh well I don't need to unit; nothing spectacular or really different about about it needs-wise.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)