setup 3 different dishes?

all4jo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Haiti and lexington ky
hello i wanted to know if someone would suggest a switch for me. im gonna have 3 different dishes pointed at 110,119,and 61.5. ill be using a channel master dish. some people tell me to use sw21 and some tell me dp34. also i have a 625 and a 942 and i would like both turners on each receiver working.
thanks

DP34 will give you 3 satellite inputs (119,110,61.5) and 4 outputs (2 for the 625 and 2 for the 942). Just make sure your lnbs are DP Pro and you're all set.

They don't make DP single's anymore. They only make DP duals. Either one will be fine. The only difference is one has one output and the other has two outputs. You will only need one ouput going to your switch so it doesn't matter which one you have.

What do you have for 119 and 110 right now? You can go into the sys info menu of the receiver and see what you got. 6,1,3.

If you have a DPP Twin, all you need is a DP Dual and connect that third dish to the DPP Twin and you are done. You will not need a DP34. After re-reading your OP, it looks like you have a DPP Twin to feed those 2 receivers.

If you have a Dish500 (for 110 and 119) with a legacy twin on it then you can hook it up to a legacy sw-21 switch to connect the third satellite into it (in your case 61.5). If you have a DishPro twin then you can either use the DP-21 switch or use a DP-34 switch. You can also use three seperate DP lnbf's with the DP-34 switch. You do not checkmark any boxes in the check switch screen. If you want to find the signal on a satellite you may need to do a check switch without any satellite connected to clear the switch matrix. After that point each dish then once you receive a signal on them then do a check switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)