setup problems, can't find 61.5

SlowSL

Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
indiana
Hey guys, sorry these are newb questions, but after 3 days of messing around I can't seem to find 61.5. trying to setup a VIP211. Here is what I have laying around to mess w/.....

VIP211 receiver
DP301 receiver
(3) dish 500 dishes, one I yoke, two Y yoke
(1) superdish w/ one DSS LNB
(1) dishpro dual molded w/ internal switch
(4) legacy single LNB's
(2) SW2 3-1 (3 into 1 switch)
(2) Deseqc switches

Currently I have one of the 500's w/ two single legacys picking up 110 & 119. I tried using a 500 & single LNB and the DP301 reciever to find 61.5 but no luck. I've tried a number of transponders and have tried pointing all over the place, but cannot find it! Do I need to use the VIP receiver to find it? Is the legacy LNB okay to use? What transponder? Ideally I should just get a 1000.4 and call it a day, but I don't want to spend the money if I can get this equipment to work.

Any chance of using this stuff to pickup 72, 77, & 61.5?

Any help would be much appreciated, I'll be trying again tomorrow.

-Mike

If you want 77, 72 and 61.5, it will be a lot easier using the 1000.4 dish. Looking at your current equipment, the dual does not have an internal switch, and if you are tying to combine the legacy and DishPro lnb's, they are not designed to work together.

Yeah, I didn't even try for 72 & 77. I guess my main hurdle I need straightened out is picking up 61.5....... Why can't I find a signal using a single Legacy w/ dish 500 & DP301 receiver? I spent almost an hour trying to find 61.5 and all I could find was 110, 119, & 91.

BTW I know you can't combine DP & legacy.

If you are using the Dish 500 with the "Y" yoke, you need to adjust a couple of degrees depending on which side you are using. Cannot remember the adjustment for using an "I" with a dish 500. You may want to try this to help with your aiming: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Installation/Satellite-Heading-Calculator.htm
Several transponders are not currently being used, many others are spotbeams. I like using 10, 16 or 20. 22 will give you channels from two different sats.

Yeah, I didn't even try for 72 & 77. I guess my main hurdle I need straightened out is picking up 61.5....... Why can't I find a signal using a single Legacy w/ dish 500 & DP301 receiver?
You can, but be apprised of the fact that most transponders on 61.5 are using turbo 8PSK modulation. These transponders cannot be seen by a 301. IIRC the 1st transponder that's still QPSK is 8.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts