SG-2100 Latitude Setting

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crouchpm

Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
Oklahoma
Good morning, What is the latitude sstting for the SG-2100 motor for Latitude 35.5143 (Oklahoma City). This is Olegray, I'm visiting crouchpm (son-inlaw) and forgot to bring my manual with me from home. Thanks Got it now. Thanks

Last edited:
Good morning, What is the latitude sstting for the SG-2100 motor for Latitude 35.5143 (Oklahoma City). This is Olegray, I'm visiting crouchpm (son-inlaw) and forgot to bring my manual with me from home. Thanks

Olegray,

That is it, I mean you already have your latitude setting (same as the latitude coordinate of the site). So, for Oklahoma City, 35.5° on the SG-2100 is the correct latitude setting for the motor. Were you looking for something else???? :confused:

For Oklahoma City, the True Azimuth should be 97.51°. Magnetic Azimuth should be 92.49°. The Motor Latitude should be 35.46° (the Motor Elevation reading would be 90° - 35.46° = 54.54°).

The Dish Elevation could be 24.3°, but there may be a discrepancy here depending upon your dish antenna make and model and the bend in the motor tube that you have. But, I would take this as a good starting point. Line up for 97.0°W Galaxy 19 and then play with the dish elevation while you pan and scan the azimuth for a signal.

Coordinates: 35°28?56.28?N 97°32?6.72?W or 35.4823°N 97.5352°W

RADAR

Last edited:
Thanks RADAR. I figured out that I was talking before I was thinking. But goodness, at 73 I'm just alittle slow at times(on thinking). Thanks for your reply and help.

Thanks RADAR. I figured out that I was talking before I was thinking. But goodness, at 73 I'm just alittle slow at times(on thinking). Thanks for your reply and help.

Nice to see someone here from my generation:D

Yeah, I was going to say the same thing. I thought I was the oldest guy here, but I guess not. But I bet I'm the only one here who still has a WWII ration book and an ID to get on a WWII AAF base.

I sure relate to the thinking slowing down though.

I always heard that getting older wasn't for sissys, and I'm begining to belive that. At 73, I still do alot of work around the home place, but getting to the lake and crappie fishing is top priority. I can leave the grass mowing until tomorrow, when the crappie are biting. (Olegray)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts