SG-2100 Won't move

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So you have disconnected (or removed) the LNB?

And the motor will not move?

If not try it WITHOUT the LNB.

Disconnected the wire from LNB to motor and still no luck. Could there be a problem with the cable that goes to motor to coolsat?

t0n3dawgg said:
Disconnected the wire from LNB to motor and still no luck. Could there be a problem with the cable that goes to motor to coolsat?

Could be, you would be in a better position to say, if you can run a temporary cable to see it helps, if you do not have a spare run of RG6 (Why not :) ) snip the cable ends and replace.

I think I may have to buy one because the one i have now is too short to cut. Meaning if I was to cut it any more it wouldn't be able to reach my coolsat. I hope its a cable problem and not a motor problem has I just barely got the motor :( , but thanks for the help so far!

I have had the SAME MOTECK SG2100 motor for around 3 years, (read 3 MN. Winters) and it has NEVER let me down, anytime I have had a problem its ALWAYS been the receiver.

Good luck!

Going back a few posts ..... So the LED doesn't flicker yellow if you issue a move command from the receiver? This means that the motor is not receiving a DiSeqC signal from the receiver. Did the LED flicker orange when resetting the motor in position zero (0)? If not, probably a bad motor control board.

Is a DiSEqC switch working at the end of the coax cable? If so, could be a bad board in the Sg2100. If not, the receiver might not be outputting DiSEqC commands.

Try a DiSEqC switch at the receiver. Is the switch working? If so, the receiver is outputting DiSEqC commands but they are not reaching the end of the coax. Could be weak DiSEqC output or bad coax.

If the switch is working at the receiver and at the end of the coax, then I would suspect a bad SG2100 control board.

Bring the receiver to the motor or the motor to the receiver and connect with short jumper coax. Does the motor move? LED blink yellow during commands? If so, could be weak receiver DiSEqC output, bad coax or failing motor control board. If not, bad DiSEqC output or SG2100 control board.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
SatelliteAV said:
Going back a few posts ..... So the LED doesn't flicker yellow if you issue a move command from the receiver? This means that the motor is not receiving a DiSeqC signal from the receiver. Did the LED flicker orange when resetting the motor in position zero (0)? If not, probably a bad motor control board.

Is a DiSEqC switch working at the end of the coax cable? If so, could be a bad board in the Sg2100. If not, the receiver might not be outputting DiSEqC commands.

Try a DiSEqC switch at the receiver. Is the switch working? If so, the receiver is outputting DiSEqC commands but they are not reaching the end of the coax. Could be weak DiSEqC output or bad coax.

If the switch is working at the receiver and at the end of the coax, then I would suspect a bad SG2100 control board.

Bring the receiver to the motor or the motor to the receiver and connect with short jumper coax. Does the motor move? LED blink yellow during commands? If so, could be weak receiver DiSEqC output, bad coax or failing motor control board. If not, bad DiSEqC output or SG2100 control board.

Hope this helps!

1.The led doesnt' change (stays green) when I have my friend holding on move.
2. I wasn't able to see when i reseted it if it turned orange because there was too much light out.
3. I took out the DiSEqC switch and went coax straight to the coolsat.
4. I don't want to bring the motor down because it would be a pain to put back on, but I'll see if I can put the coolsat up there, but then I would have to have the tv on the roof too?
5. I'm going to go buy some coax cable tomorrow and see if that is the problem.

t0n3dawgg said:
1.The led doesnt' change (stays green) when I have my friend holding on move.
2. I wasn't able to see when i reseted it if it turned orange because there was too much light out.
3. I took out the DiSEqC switch and went coax straight to the coolsat.
4. I don't want to bring the motor down because it would be a pain to put back on, but I'll see if I can put the coolsat up there, but then I would have to have the tv on the roof too?
5. I'm going to go buy some coax cable tomorrow and see if that is the problem.

1. OK .... That indicates that the motor is not processing a DiSEqC signal. Now remove the coax from the motor input and connect the coax directly to the DiSEqC switch. Does the switch work? If so, it is most likely a problem with the motor.

2. Verifying that the LED flickers yellow during reset is very important if determining if the motor DiSEqC circuitry is functioning.

3. Great, there should never be a DiSEqC switch inline between the receiver and a motor. The switches are not designed to handle the repeated current draws of motor movements.

4. A TV is necessary in order to see the screen commands.

5. Might not be necessary, but always good to have extra cables!

SatelliteAV said:
1. OK .... That indicates that the motor is not processing a DiSEqC signal. Now remove the coax from the motor input and connect the coax directly to the DiSEqC switch. Does the switch work? If so, it is most likely a problem with the motor.

2. Verifying that the LED flickers yellow during reset is very important if determining if the motor DiSEqC circuitry is functioning.

3. Great, there should never be a DiSEqC switch inline between the receiver and a motor. The switches are not designed to handle the repeated current draws of motor movements.

4. A TV is necessary in order to see the screen commands.

5. Might not be necessary, but always good to have extra cables!

1. The switch works
2. The yellow/orange changes for about a good second before going back to green when I reset it.
3. Took out the DiSEqC switch
4. Haven't try the tv yet. (Will try, but will be last resort.)
5. Going to try as soon as I buy some "RG6" cable. Do you happened to know if circuit city sells them?

Thanks for all the help! Sorry for being a noob! :up

Alright I just came back from circuit city and got 2 cables of RG6.... still no luck. Damn!
I just narrow it down to its either the coolsat or the motor. Where would I go to get warranty for the motor? Could it be a coolsat problem?

It sounds like it is time to either take the receiver to the motor or the motor to the receiver.

Since the DiSEqC switch works at the end of the coax, my bet would be on a faulty motor. Yes, it could be a faulty Coolsat, but unlikely based on the tests performed.

Check with your reseller regarding the RMA policy on the motor.

Try pushing the reset and holdind you figer on the travel button at the same time

Wouldn't that mess up the motor? someone posted before that it should be set to zero before resetting it.

Wouldn't that mess up the motor? someone posted before that it should be set to zero before resetting it.
Well if you get it to move after you do that (cycle the hard power switch on the stb after first before you send any move commands) then set the motor to zero position manualy, and reset it again, to zero it. You will loose any diseqc memory settings, but usals should not be changed. Mine got stuck like that once, and out of desperatioin that is what I did. But my led would go orange/red when i sent it a move command from the stb. And the fix for my problems in the first place was a piece of flakey cable that I later found.

I am planning on taking the receiver to the motor or the motor to the receiver and connect with short jumper coax this weekend since that would be the best time at the moment, but I will give you guys a update ASAP. I also emailed the person I brought it from and he said that if it still doesn't work it will be covered by warranty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)