SG2100 prefers to step east

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Vorg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Arizona
I use linux vdr most of the time and the plugin for rotor control is not very good. Plus, support for it has been somewhat dropped, so others have hacked it to keep working with newer vdr versions. I connected the rotor in side so I could watch it while sending commands. I found that to use the rotor screen to scan sats, you need "use diseqc" (which in vdr means to use a conf file or not) turned off or vdr keeps sending the rotor back to the sat it is currently set for over riding commands at the rotor screen.

But I also found it why I had problems with the step command. I connected the rotor to my neusat 6000 to confirm this. Step west seems to work 99% of the time. It only fails to respond once in awhile. But step east fails ~60% of the time. The light changes showing it got the command and sometimes I hear the tiny relays click. But the motor doesn't even try to move. With the Neusat you can set it for 1-4 steps and with higher settings it does move bigger steps when it moves. When telling it to move to a postition ether by usals or diseqc it move which ever direction it needs to get there. It only seems to be a problem with the step east command.

ug, can't edit title. should be step west not east

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)