SG9120B stuck near zero

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JohninSD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2009
San Diego
I'm trying to aim my dish using an SG9120B and a Coolsat 5000 and/or a Sonicview 8000HD. Both receivers have worked fine in the past with this motor. The problem I'm having is that the motor will barely move - not even a degree I think. I haven't used this setup for a while and decided to go out to the dish this morning and realign it, thinking that I had somehow got it misadjusted last time I played with it a few months ago. Now I'm thinking there's something else wrong. Here's what happened: I got out my old Coolsat 5K that I keep just for doing dish adjustments, set it up near the dish with a small tv set, hooked everything up and started looking for 125W. I set the motor to zero using the button on the motor, then told the CS to move it to 125W, this seemed to work OK. Next I manually entered a transponder at 12180 V 30000 and began moving the dish around until I got a Q of about 70%. Then I locked down the clamps and did a blind scan - so far so good, got several channels to come in. Then I picked one of the stronger channels and began doing some fine adjustments, got the Q up to about 72%. Then the trouble started - I told the CS to move to 116.8W and tried scanning that satellite - the dish moved to near zero - as it should as my longitude is 117.2W - but it sees no channels there. But now the motor refuses to move for more than a fraction of a second - using the button on the motor or commands from either receiver makes no difference. I've tried resetting the motor with the hardware reset button, disabling software limits on both receivers, disconnecting power, smoke signals, incantations - well maybe not the last 2 but I've run out of guesses - anyone had a similar problem with the SG9120B? The dish is a WSI9036.

thanks,

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)