Shaw Direct with 1.2 m dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

NorteDave

Original poster
i'm using a !.2 m dish for Shaw Direct and starting to lose the channels that are being converted. The receiver is a DSR317. What I am wondering is if I can keep the same dish but upgrade to the new Quad Three LNB and an HD receiver (605)? Anyone tried this?

i'm using a !.2 m dish for Shaw Direct and starting to lose the channels that are being converted. The receiver is a DSR317. What I am wondering is if I can keep the same dish but upgrade to the new Quad Three LNB and an HD receiver (605)? Anyone tried this?

Problems is that channels are being taken out from Anik F1 and F2 to G1, and G1's footprint does not reach Mexico, therefore for that case the dish size, the LNB's and receiver are irrelevant.

I unsuscribed from Shaw because of that.

Not really, the channels are going from Mpeg 2 to Mpeg 4 which only the newer 600 and 800 receivers will pick up. They have actually taken the BC channels off G1 and moved them to F2 for the snowbirds so when they cut the SD channels they will still receive them down south.
So even in Canada people are losing more and more channels as the conversion takes place. Everyone needs a new receiver and lnb or they will continue to lose channels which should be complete by 2019. All HD and No more SD channels. :)
You do need an elliptical dish for the new XKU lnb, so I do not believe it will work on your 1.2 meter dish. A 75cm dish works fine even in Mexico where my father-in-law resides.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts