should I get Voom Or wait a while longer?

vurbano said:
I just think they need to reduce the number of channels they run them on to 5 channels...

Not disagreeing with you Vurbano, but that will never happen. How would you explain that to prospective customers? "Well, we had 40 channels of HD programming, but our math was wrong, so now we have 35, but they look really good now..."

I don't think so. :eek:

TechCop said:
Not disagreeing with you Vurbano, but that will never happen. How would you explain that to prospective customers? "Well, we had 40 channels of HD programming, but our math was wrong, so now we have 35, but they look really good now..."

I don't think so. :eek:
Id say the total is still more than D*'s, and the quality blows everyone elses away. How does Voom explain the lack of programming now? they dont. I suppose they could take the same approach. Besides most people have never even heard of Voom let alone how many channels they have. How do you explain to prospective customers now that you have 21 exclusive channels each with a few programs(exageration here) running over and over again?

vurbano said:
How does Voom explain the lack of programming now?
"I think with HD Originals we launched with a programming library that wasn't as fully-built as we had planned and that resulted in more repetition of programs than we would've ideally liked. What the Summer HD Premiere Program is doing is showcasing the fact that we are committed to adding new inventory to help build up our libraries."

Greg Moyer,
President of Regional Programming
(Inner Circle: July 2004)

babyj said:
na don't get voom yet. u can wait another year if they get better by then. or if get a new stb.

Yo, or wait 2 years to be sure that the stb doesn't have any major flaws. Or, if you are a "prudent" person wait 3 or 4 years until enough experience has accumulated. Hey, on top of that you are going to save some money. And, if you wait long enough, it can be sizeable money... :)

andrzej said:
Yo, or wait 2 years to be sure that the stb doesn't have any major flaws. Or, if you are a "prudent" person wait 3 or 4 years until enough experience has accumulated. Hey, on top of that you are going to save some money. And, if you wait long enough, it can be sizeable money... :)

ya. right now HDTV has just entered another level. still hasnt got to average joe yet. so till then there wont be much in HD. i mean ya theres enuf content to make most of us happy. but since the viewers are not that many, most channels are gonna wait another year or two before even thinking bout jumpin to hd.

but on the positive side..if u can get all ur OTA channels..then you will be happy. ABC, CBS, NBC all have lots of shows in HD during primetime.

but hey i don't know what ur interest is..but as far as i was concerned Voom's exlusives were a joke. I didn't have VaVaVoom. So nothin to watch there. and other than for discovery hd....espn hd and tnt hd barely have HD programming. and i am not gay enuf to watch bravo hd :D :D

so if u can wait. i say do so.

babyj said:
ya. right now HDTV has just entered another level. still hasnt got to average joe yet. so till then there wont be much in HD. i mean ya theres enuf content to make most of us happy. but since the viewers are not that many, most channels are gonna wait another year or two before even thinking bout jumpin to hd.

but on the positive side..if u can get all ur OTA channels..then you will be happy. ABC, CBS, NBC all have lots of shows in HD during primetime.

but hey i don't know what ur interest is..but as far as i was concerned Voom's exlusives were a joke. I didn't have VaVaVoom. So nothin to watch there. and other than for discovery hd....espn hd and tnt hd barely have HD programming. and i am not gay enuf to watch bravo hd :D :D

so if u can wait. i say do so.
I think 1/2 of them or more are a joke in that you dont start an entire channel based on one show. Some are like an endless Sopranos marathon. No matter how many episodes you show its going to get old. Actually thats unfair, to the Sopranos. They are compelling content most of the exclusive content is not. LMAO

Ilya said:
"I think with HD Originals we launched with a programming library that wasn't as fully-built as we had planned and that resulted in more repetition of programs than we would've ideally liked. What the Summer HD Premiere Program is doing is showcasing the fact that we are committed to adding new inventory to help build up our libraries."

Greg Moyer,
President of Regional Programming
(Inner Circle: July 2004)
new flug tag and young third world boys playing red rover? Thanks Greg. O and another misleading infomercial on OAR. great job! love the voom geek too. Thats a real gem.

Well.....I called them. They were supposed to call me back..

Guess what they did not!!!!!