Should i just buy second vip211?

Robdoggz

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
Stockton, Ca
I have one vip211 on my hdtv but i got a second 27" hdtv my parents watch. I have a 311 on that tv which looks ok but no hd channels. I lease both receivers and i asked dish if i could swap the 311 for a second 211 they want to charge me $100 and a 18 month contract.

I am not signing any contract at all so i was thinking if i just buy a vip211 and return the 311 will i have to pay a lease fee? I also wonder how the other small fees like hd enable fee work. What do you think i would end up with i was thinking no lease fees on the leased 211 and owning the second 211 no lease fees there?

So can anyone recommend if i should buy the reciever or not is it going to be around for awhile or might it become another obsolete 811 anytime soon? Lastly where is a good place to buy one and a good price thanks.

if you want to purchase the 211 without a contract i think if you buy directly from dish network its like $299 i think and then you don't get a mail in rebate. if you do a contract its $99 upfront and you get a rebate of $100 and you make a $1 from the deal ... if its the 2nd receiver on the account you will still have an additional receiver fee

myself i would recommend the lease option b/c at least then its always covered by a warranty... but thats just me

myself i would recommend the lease option b/c at least then its always covered by a warranty... but thats just me

Receivers have a one year warranty. After that no warranty unless you have DHPP Dish Home Protection Plan.

Leased means "given to you to use to get the service" not if anything goes wrong they will replace it.

Hmm so if i lease a 2nd 211 and i have dhpp i probably should do the contract. I mean i dont think ill be going anywhere other than maybe moving if worst comes to worst ill have to cancel and pay the fee.

I really hate contracts especially since im currently looking for work got laid off the construction industry died out with the housing crash here.:confused: I think ill sleep on it but i think you guys are right my best bet is to do the 18 month contract i wish i could talk them down to a year.

Ok looks like i might bite the bullet and just do the contract atleast like you said if something goes wrong i dont have to pay to fix it with me having dhpp. Well thanks for the replies glad i did not bid on the ebay receiver after reading about stolen receivers.

Yea, the 211 would cost you $299 direct. Go with the lease and keep DHPP on the account. If there was not a $100 rebate I might reconsider but this is the cheapest and easiest way to get what you need. BTW...if you move...the DHPP includes one free Dish Mover per 12 month period so you can take advantage of that also :)

Good Luck on the search for work!

Claude at THE DISH STORE has a 211 with a free HDMI or component cable for $245 purchase price.

Even with owned equipment, if something fails, sign up for Dish Home Advantage (DHA) and it covers warranty. After it's fixed, drop the coverage.

I got a leased 211 in July and have DHA free for 12 or 18 mos and it covers all my equipment, leased and owned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts