Should Voom get rid of or replace the following channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Based on the other threads with some people saying they don't like certain Voom exclusives, if you really hate a channel vote and give your opinion as to why you think it should go, and what they should replace it with.

If you don't like several pick the one you hate the most.

Don't see any options on the list that I would vote for. Does it really have to be either "love" or "hate"?

How about these options:

1. Even if I don't watch some of these channels, I respect those who do.
2. Do not remove any HD channels until the 39-channel promise is fulfilled.
3. Do not remove any HD channels until we know what the second satellite (in October) will be used for.
4. There are other channels that I never watch.
5. I am glad that VOOM stays original and is not afraid to experiment with things that no one has ever done before!​

Ilya said:
Don't see any options on the list that I would vote for. Does it really have to be either "love" or "hate"?

How about these options:

1. Even if I don't watch some of these channels, I respect those who do.
3. Do not remove any HD channels until we know what the second satellite (in October) will be used for.
5. I am glad that VOOM stays original and is not afraid to experiment with things that no one has ever done before!​
I totally agree with Ilya.

Having said that, I never watch AUCTION or ULTRA. (You forgot to include ULTRA in your poll.) I would not mind if these channels were dropped, but I don't hate them.

I hate channels with tons of commercials a lot more than any of the VOOM exclusives.

People don't usually complain about Ultra here.. and Ilya, I guess the idea is if it was you running Voom, would you get rid of Moov and make it into something else? For example.

CHange HDNews to- 24 Rugby Channel in HD or something like the because you really can't stand HDNews.

Well most likely Voom's wouldn't be able to change/remove/replace more than one channel.. heh...that and I forgot to check off "Multiple choices" button.

Ilya said:

How about these options:

1. Even if I don't watch some of these channels, I respect those who do.​
All 3 of them? Youve got to be kidding.

Ilya said:
A promise most dont even know about? I doubt any prospective HDTV buyer has even heard of Voom. Correct the mistakes now.

Ilya said:
Correct the mistakes now.

Ilya said:
Yes there are, but they are SD channels and not degrading the PQ of everything else.

Ilya said:
5. I am glad that VOOM stays original and is not afraid to experiment with things that no one has ever done before!
I would be "glader" if they recognized the failures and corrected them and gave me a picture better than anyone elses as advertised.

Dvlos said:
Ilya, I guess the idea is if it was you running Voom, would you get rid of Moov and make it into something else?
Certainly not! At least not until the 39-channel limit was reached and I had something better to offer. And even then, I would rather expand to another satellite or roll out WM9 or MPEG4, before sacrificing a single HD channel...

You forgot the "I don't need any of these channels" option in your poll. One of the reasons I left ... too much HD I'll NEVER watch.

I'd say give us a Naked Ultra channel, lose Auction (high end HSN, so high end you can't buy anything!) Move Moov to mars, put Rush and Rave into one (and call it Rush and Rave) make it Cinema 6 and make the HD PQ head and shoulders above anyones.

vurbano said:
All 3 of them?
Oh, much more than you think! ;)
HDNews, for example is the fifth most popular exclusive channel according to our polls.

I doubt any prospective HDTV buyer has even heard of Voom.
??? :rolleyes:

Yes there are, but they are SD channels and not degrading the PQ of everything else.
Not so. I can name a handful of HD channels on VOOM that I personally don't watch, or watch less often than any of the channels listed in the poll: Animania, Monsters, 999 (except for DNC), Playboy and several premium channels that I personally don't subscribe to.

But just because I personally don't watch those channels doesn't mean I hate them or insist on them being immediately removed.

vurbano, I agree with you on one thing, I would probably sacrifice some HD channels if this would significantly improve the PQ. But we both know well that this is not going to happen. What I definitely do not want to see happening is new and original channels (like MOOV, Gallery, etc.) being replaced with something mainstream, like TV-Shopping. ;)

My favorite channels are HDNews, Ultra, Moov, Rush, cinema channels, Rave and Monsters. Leave those channels!

Cin 10 has to go...make them the cin 5 and increase the bandwidth on all of the HD ch's that they currently offer. If they add othe HD ch's get rid of Auction...or Ultra...increase the bandwidth so the HD looks like the best around. Right now its HD...but its not WOW HD.

Down With SD...

vurbano said:
Yes there are, but they are SD channels and not degrading the PQ of everything else. [/indent]

Vurbano, do you think SD channels don't use any bandwith... sure, it would take 5 of them to replace 1 channel (such as a full HD OTA with 19+ mbps) or 3 or 4 of them to replace the 12 mbps Voom uses for it's HD exclusives, but there are plenty of SD channels (if not all) I don't care for... if the problem is less bandwith, who's to say where it could/should come from... personally, I'd rather the SD go and bring them back when they become HD...

vurbano said:
Why cant I vote for more than one option?

What is your most favorite exclusive channel on Voom? The one you watch the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)