Show categories in program guide?

Karri

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2008
Who decides what category a show is in the dish program guide? I have noticed that the guide tends to list animated things as family/children even when it clearly isn't for children. Last night the one that got my attention was the Samurai Girl mini series on ABC Family. The guide lists that as sports. Sports? So when setting the timer, it added the extra 60 minutes at the end that it does for sporting events. I have noticed it does the same thing with Naruto. Sports. So apparently according to the dish guide, something with martial arts is automatically a sport? Who decided that?

Categories like the ratings system on Dish receivers is a big mess and does not work. Almost everything is listed as Series/Special. All they have to do is upgrade the software to support more categories, TV ratings and not just movie ratings in the guide. It is a big distracting mess and is one thing I liked when I had DirecTV and miss now. Even cable and Vios gets it right. Why not Dish Notwork?

This is an irritant. Dish should fix the category issue and should show the category with the rest of the info from the EPG

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts