Dayton Ohio Locals in HD?

I am about 35mi from the Dayton towers and pick up 'most' of the Dayton channels with a pair of "bunny ears" OTA.

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Dish to add Dayton. I haven't seen us mentioned on any of the upcoming local HD additions.

They havent even added columbus, which is like the 13th biggest TV market in the country, so i dont know dayton will be coming. I just use an antenna and get all my locals in HD. Only cleveland gets their locals in HD from dish currently. only city in the state that does.

According to the most recent list, posted in the past couple of days, Ohio will have just one market with HD-Locals throughout 2008. :(

61.5º is the only location with room for locals. There are no spot beams pointed at Ohio, Kentucky or West Virginia at 61.5º. This means that when Indianapolis the Columbus then Cincinnati stations refused to sign on with Dish in 2006 we were left out in the cold until at least mid 2009.

See ya
Tony

As of last night there is a channel 75 I think it was on my guide, that says "your locals are coming soon in HD buddy". But it won't let me tune to that channel. So maybe Dayton local HDs coming soon? Dunno. Prob not.

I think everyone gets that channel... The 2nd step, being able to tune it in, is the real clue. We can't, therefore I say they ain't happening anytime soon. Dish just released a new list of HD-locals for the remainder of '08 and Dayton isn't on it. Nor is Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, or Youngstown.

I decided to send emails to WRGT/WKEF, WDTN, and WHIO yesterday asking when their HD feeds would be carried by Dish Network. Currently I only have gotten a response back from WHIO, but their reply seems positive... Here is my original email and their reply:

Do you have any idea to the timeframe when WHIO-DT will be carried on Dish Network in High Definition. Currently I pull in your station OTA, but would love to be able to receive them via satellite as well. I know that WHIO-DT in HD is going to be carried on DirecTV in the October timeframe, just wondering about Dish Network.

and their reply:

Our Technical Manager believes we will have both DirecTV and Dish Network in October. He sent the technical information to both companies earlier this month. Now we waiting to see how they will proceed.

I hate to be a skeptic, but October seems pre-mature for Dish. They historically have announced HD-locals by saying what they plan to launch "this year" and Dayton isn't on their 2008 list (nor is Cincy, Columbus, or Toledo). Cleveland is (already ?) available.

Back in april I called customer no support and they said I should already have HD locals. after some checking he said sorry i was wrong but they are listed as coming soon.

a month or so ago I to got the HD locals coming soon channel description (never was there before) (BTW its gone now replaced by the you've been turbo HD message)

so maybe october is not too far off the mark....

after all didn't they reach 100 before they planned?

I tend to agree, I'll believe it when I see it, I think it's good news however that the request has been made for info and it has been provided. I'll post any information I get if/when I receive it from WRGT/WKEF and WDTN.

It is my understanding that the uplink facility for both companies were updated (or is in the process at this moment) to use the ATSC signals of each channels rather than the NTSC signals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts