Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks I am crushed... Google Adsense turned off Ad Serving to SatelliteGuys and with that all the other agencies turned off their ads as well as they are part of the same ad service agreement.

I am told by one of the ad agencies that the reason we were shut off was because the Pop Down Menus on top of the screen party cover the ads if someone clicks on the popdowns they also say this could cause accidental clicks..

We had to move the sidebar to the right as the pop downs do not cover the ads there.

I really hope they turn them back on, as we depend on that income for our survival.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am told by one of the ad agencies that the reason we were shut off was because the Pop Down Menus on top of the screen party cover the ads if someone clicks on the popdowns

What popdown menus? The only menu items I see that do that is the one for MEMBERS and HELP, and they don't pop down very far. The rest don't do anything unless you click on them, at which time you go to a totally different page with (presumably) totally different ads.

Is there any way you can get a reading on this direct from Google? This doesn't seem right since just about every URL in any page will do as your menus do.

This reminds me. It's that time of year when I usually send in my annual or biannual donation.

Done.

Reactions: TheKrell
I guess I'm confused. Screen shots would have helped explain the before and after. I don't see ads so I suppose that's part of it. Is this only on the Home Page? Or maybe it's my Theme (Fresh Blue) so things are laid out differently.

Okay, I brought up the site in Firefox (no ad blocker, no saved logon) and it's spastic. Big blank areas grow and shrink every few seconds, the SatelliteGuys.US logo at the top of the page has white space above and below it that I don't see on my logged-in Safari browser.

Last edited:
I assume it's an issue like pictured here. Where the drop down covers part of the ad.

Ads.jpg

Still not getting any ads from Google and others who partner with Google. Its making me upset now.

Google support says there is no issue found with our account. But as of Midnight on the 31st no ads are showing.

Still not getting any ads from Google and others who partner with Google.

:( Hell and damnation! (Can I use those words here?)

Trying to think of all possibilities. Suppose Google is telling the truth and there is a problem elsewhere, e.g. the Sucuri firewall stuff?

Nope. The ads are served direct from Google from their servers, those do not go through our firewall.

And the firewall does not keep anything from going out... it just keeps stuff from getting in. :)

I made a big change today, and removed all Google AdSense ads, and put code in for Google AdSense auto ads. With Auto ads, Google scans your site and puts the ads in automatically where Google thinks is best. This way there are no page violations since they choose where the ads go themselves.

Hopefully that fixes the issue, as this month total revenue earned by Adsense and the other ad networks is $0.25.

Not sure what to do... their violations are total BS and we are now apparently being dinged for pages that have no substantial information (in this example page 2 of a thread, where all the "substantial" information was on page 1.

In addition it appears they want us to go through 2 million plus posts and find any links to external sites which no longer work. I am sorry I can't do that. We have over 16 years of posts here, of course in old posts some links don't work. A lot has changed over the past 16 years.

Here is a copy of our latest request. I am not sure what to do from here.

Thank you for submitting an appeal. However, after thoroughly reviewing satelliteguys.us and taking your feedback into consideration, we are unable to enable ad serving to your site again at this time, as your site appears to still be in violation.
Example page where violation occurred: Could VOD be BD biggest threat??

As stated in our Program policies, sites or apps displaying Google ads should provide substantial and useful information to the user. Users should be able to easily navigate through the site or app to find what products, goods, or services are promised. Examples of misguided navigation include, but are not limited to:
  • False claims of downloadable or streaming content
  • Linking to content that does not exist
  • Redirecting users to irrelevant and/or misleading webpages
  • Text on a page unrelated to the topic and/or business model of the website.
For more information, please review Google’s Webmaster quality guidelines and the Program policies.

Please take some time to review your site again for compliance. When making changes, please note that the URL mentioned in your policy notification may be just one example and that similar violations may exist on other pages of your website. Appropriate changes must be made across your entire website before ad serving can be enabled on your site again.
If you'd like to have your site reconsidered for participation in the AdSense programme, please review our programme policies and make any necessary changes to your webpages.
Once you've fully resolved any issues with your site, please review this Help Centre article to learn more about how to create a successful appeal.
We appreciate your cooperation.
Sincerely,
The Google AdSense Team

Reactions: charlesrshell
So they went to the Archives and found a thread from 2008 that had broken links in it???

:facepalm

Can you disable ads for the archives? Or perhaps move them to a separate site altogether?

The timing of this and suspect violations makes me wonder if reopening the Pit had something to do with instigating a seemingly personal attack on this site. :(

Reactions: FTA4PA
So they went to the Archives and found a thread from 2008 that had broken links in it???

:facepalm

Can you disable ads for the archives? Or perhaps move them to a separate site altogether?
Nope and nope.

Silly thing is we are getting ad violations when there are ZERO ads enabled currently.

Tell me how that works.

Reactions: FTA4PA and TheKrell
Let's make archives hidden! ;)
At least until you sort it all out with them.

Let's make archives hidden! ;)
At least until you sort it all out with them.

Its not just the archives. Yesterday they said the same thing about a post in the Orby Forum and made me remove the "What is Orby" topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts