Sign a contract, save some $$$

scottabs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2004
I upgraded to the VaVaVoom package a few weeks ago which bumped me up to the new rates. I callled Voom a couple of times to see if I could put back on the old rates, but I never had any luck. So, tonight I called and said that since I am paying the programming rates of new customers, I'd like to pay the same STB rental fees as new customers. ($5 rental per box, no mirror fee) They told me those rates only applied to customers who have 6 month contracts, and I told them I'd be glad to sign up for that. So, I'm basically back on my original rate plan as I reduced by bill by $15 per month. :)

Scott

Tell me how a guy who rents 2 boxes under the old fees can save money like this by upgrading?

KDRE said:
Tell me how a guy who rents 2 boxes under the old fees can save money like this by upgrading?

My point was primarily for anyone who paid new programming fees, but old stb rental rates.

But, even someone with old fees can save a little. You save $4.50/box and the $5 mirror fee goes away. Your programming goes up $10, so the net is you save $4 a month. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)