Signal 85 to 0?

acpmadness

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
The last few days my off air signal jumps from 85 to 0 and then back to 85 then to 0 again every few seconds. Anyone know why it would be doing that? Worked fine before, I don't get why it's doing it now. Pissing me off cause I wanna watch the Olympics, but I can't with the signal doing this.

Try adjusting your antenna,It may have moved a little bit over time and sometimes the littlest movement can make a huge difference .I use a rotator on my antenna and the direction my antenna points at stations can very 1 to 3 degrees sometimes depending upon weather conditions.well hope this helps.........DIGITAL~DAN

This sounds like multipath reflection. Multipath causes ghosting with analog TV but kills a digital signal. The digital signal essentially cancels itself out as it bounces off objects (buildings, hills) around your location and hits your antenna. I have the same problem with my NBC station. It is 1 of 3 stations I always have trouble with reception. You can try relocating your antenna to a spot with a better line of sight with the station's tower.

You can try relocating your antenna to a spot with a better line of sight with the station's tower.

Can't... tall pine trees everywhere. Still tho.... it just started doing this, it worked fine before... why doesn't it now!? Thanx for the input guys.

Another possibility: is if you're in a fringe/deep-fringe area and your antenna (or the DTV station) doesn't have enough height. If you were recently installed, this can occur during a change in tropospheric conditions.

faulty 8psk = bad OTA tuner module
diplexor = signal mixer, combines antenna and satellite signal into one coax cable.
Some provide amplification to the supplied antenna.

I have separate cables for my antenna and dish so I haven't dealt with a diplexor.