Signal Loss Only at Night!!

xBuRn3

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Los Angeles, Ca
Hello everyone,

I've been having a problem with signal loss at night.

It all started about a month ago, my 510 started losing signal strength.

I've had 5 techs come out

1st guy said it was a problem with a the switch. He left cause he didn't have one.

2nd guy changed the switch.

The problem continued.

3rd guy came out changed the LNB said maybe the 510 was failing.

4th guy came out To swap out the 510 upgraded to 625.

4th guy came out again tonight checked all the fittings moved a lose Dish 500

from one spot to another and replaced LNB's again.

All was fine for a few hours then about 8pm PST The problem returned again.

At first there was only signal loss in one of my rooms now my 942 and 301 are

losing signal strength as well. In between the techs coming out I've spoken to

tech support at least two times a week. Has anyone else had a problem like this?

I lose all sat's from about 9pm to 9am everyday, during the day all is fine.

Thanks for the time can anyone help me?

Seen it before, possibilities as follows

(1) Nearby radio/microwave tower thats running a loop during that time frame such as emergency services or maybe a nearby military base communications tower.

(2) Radar detectors are known to have caused some systems to shut down like this as well, some cars have them built in and stay powered on in stand by mode.

(3) An appliance in your home that runs during this time that could be faulty and causing a backfeed frequency through the homes electrical wiring,

(4) Im not sure about this one but a home wireless network might be a possibility, with alot of the systems running a larger range system now I dont know if the increased power in the range booster could be causing potential conflict or not.

1 - 3 are the most likely, if you have had the switch, lnb's, and a receiver replaced as well as the dish relocated and its happening on all receivers all at the same time then its not a cabling issue or a software issue. Outside of the above then your looking at a bad mount location that reacts to heat change and is moving the dish and mount, or a switch that could be faulty, I say these two because its happening on all receivers at the same time.

Van said:
Seen it before, possibilities as follows

(1) ...(4) ....
(5) Temperature change. As it cools off in the evening possibly one of your coax connections is affected?

A Solution That Worked For Me

I had the same problem in March 2005 and posted here asking for help.

Starting in the evening and lasting throughout the night, I lost channels that were on satellite 110, transponder 18.

After spending several weeks trying various solutions, the solution to the problem was to replace the LNBF. Dish sent me a new one for free, including shipping. As soon as I installed the new LNBF, my reception problems disappeared for good.

Richard

Last edited:
it could be a problem with the cable heating up and causing the loss of singal. you are seeing this at night because your reciavers are on for longer periods of time.

your problem is with the lines heating up and causing the signal to be lost, replace the lines and you will fix your problem.

jklein said:
it could be a problem with the cable heating up and causing the loss of singal. you are seeing this at night because your reciavers are on for longer periods of time.

A good test for this theory will be to leave the receivers on and see if they lose the signal during the day.

SpencerCat said:
I had the same problem in March 2005 and posted here asking for help.

Starting in the evening and lasting throughout the night, I lost channels that were on satellite 110, transponder 18.

After spending several weeks trying various solutions, the solution to the problem was to replace the LNBF. Dish sent me a new one for free, including shipping. As soon as I installed the new LNBF, my reception problems disappeared for good.

Richard

My grandma had the same issue
TP18 sat 119 (which had FSN North) and 110 TP8 (which had her locals) would sporatically go out as it got warmer. Swapped LNB"s and no issues since then

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts