Signal loss....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
You should only lose the signal when a heavy rain or thunder storm rolls through your area. Rain drops are the same size as the 10GHz radio wave used to downlink the signal to your dish. The radio signal bounces off of the rain drops. Small rain showers should not effect the signal to the point of losing it.

If you have signal loss when it's not raining then you have a equipment setup problem. Thats a different can of worms.

I have had Directv since Feb. 2004 and I have lost signal twice. Both were during REALLY bad storms and only for a couple of minutes.

The only time I have ever lost my D* signal is when snow is caked on the dish. Sweep it off, picture is back ...

Other than that I cannot recall ever losing signal. My DTV OTA signals on the other hand are as flakey as a high school girl.

Every Directv customer I know here in Northern Michigan loose their signal VERY easily with a little hard rain, dark cloud and or snow. DISH is fine during most of this. ;) :D

i live in orlando, and we always get the clouds and drizzles alot. plus thunder storms every few days lol.
thats why i am asking about the signal loss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts