Signal strength on 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Iceberg said:
Is 129 technically CONUS but just limited due to look angles?
I don't think it's the look angels, as the old Superdish 129 had the same angles from Philly. But that the conus footprint is shifted by being at 129 instead of 110 or 119 as designed, thereby cutting off some of the northeast and southern tips of texas and florida, as those extreme southern and northern dips are shifted westward.

I'm in the deep south (alabama) and get around 80 and thats with a 24" Dish and peaked to hell and back with a accutrac 22 pro.

bump...

Now that it's after the 27th, and the bird is officially available, it's time to update signal stregth numbers.

Maybe refer to my Post #30 and compare to what you're seeing - let us know WHERE you are, too, please!

I got low of 91 and a high of 105 on a dish500 in lower mich,

I have the y bracket on still and the dp pro lnb on the 119 side of the dish 500,

Also i put a dp pro lnb on my 121 superdish for 129 and got a 95 average seeing if it will stay there as a test and if it does then i will take down my dish500

I got a high of 93 and a low of 87, here in the far western tip of NC. I don't remember which transponders, I have the dish back at 61.5 now.

The Dish is a dish 300, with a DP dual on it.

Here in NE Ohio, the average seems to be 80 on transponder 17 (local channels occuring there). Just like everyone else has reported, there does seem to be an overall weaker signal on the 110 and 119, as compared to a D500

I feel like an idiot now! I figured i could climb up on the roof and swing my second dish around and get 129 as im in nevada , tahoe area, and get a better signal from 129 than 61.5. But after an hour of fiddling with it no luck :mad: . so i thought well swing it back around to 61.5 and live with it for a while BUT now I cant get 61.5 in either! took all of 5 minutes the first time. Maybe Im too sober this time! :D

I was in Ojai, CA. today installing a 811 rec. w/DPP Twin, DP duel and had no line of sight for the 61.5 satellite. :( Well, I thought I would try the 129 sat. for the Voom programing. I alighned the Dish 500 with the DP duel with the following settings.

Az. Just right of the Echo 119 sat.
El. 49 deg.
Scew. 90 deg.

Sig. 85 - 87% all transponders.

Needless to say the customer was very happy with the outcome. :yes

Iceberg said:
gotcha...I didnt know that the footrpint shifted when they moved it...I thought CONUS was CONUS :)

The footprint is shifted north as the Industry Canada licence issued to Ciel requires at least 50% of the E5 transponders to be available to Canadian broadcasters.

The Dish1000(D1K) is actually smaller than the Dish500. It is the same width but it is shorter. Perhaps this is one cause for a weaker signal on 110/119 on the D1K than on the D500.

If it's peaked right, the 119 on the D1000 should be the same as it was on the D500. What I'm running into is the 110 isn't as strong. Maybe 5 or 7 points less. At the same time, I've found the 129 strength to not be as strong as the 61.5. Maybe 10 points less.

webbydude said:
If it's peaked right, the 119 on the D1000 should be the same as it was on the D500. What I'm running into is the 110 isn't as strong. Maybe 5 or 7 points less. At the same time, I've found the 129 strength to not be as strong as the 61.5. Maybe 10 points less.
I agree - except that 119 should be stronger, not just the same.

At least that's what I've found so far.

Hey Burg, where I am at is approximately the same latitude as you just a couple hundred miles west. On the 1000 dish we have 119 105, 110 97 and 129 79. With a solo Dish 500 and an eye bracket we achieved 84 for the 129, up here that is a fine reading, if boosting is needed try an old commercial 24" with a dp dual on it that should boost it up 5 to 10 points

Wouldn't 119 have more to benefit than 110 or 129 since it is receiving the signal in the center of the pan having more of the pan to reflect the signal back to it?

yea I think the 119 satellite should be higher signal but the 110/129 shouldn't be much lower. Just look at the D* Phase III dish, it doesn't hurt the signal on 101/119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)