Signal Strength questions on TP's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ilikepiehole

Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I upgraded to the new dish for HD to which my ird is a H20-600. I'm not receiving all my HD channels due to searching for signal. I have a neighbor with the old H10 to which I compared my 101, 110 & 119 signal strength and TP to which we are equal. My problem lies within the 99 & 103 birds. The TP strength on the 99 bird for the TP's are as follows:

TP 1 =93%
2,3 & 4 = 0
5 = 94%
6 = 35%

The 103 bird as follows:
1 = 87%
2 = 95%
3= 93%
4 = 0
5 = 74%
6= 98%
15 & 16 = 0%
17 = 97 %
18,19,20,21,22,23 & 24 = 0%

I have no multi-switch and have a direct run from dish to receiver. If hitting good strength on a few TP's, shouldn't I be receiving the rest ? Does the dish need to be tweeked or possibly I have a couple of bad LNB's ??

The transponders above 17 are spot beams on 103(b) as is everything on 99 so don't sweat the zeros there. If 1 through 6 are from 103(a), again those are all spot beams. If they are from 103(b), transponder 4 should have a signal. Reset your receiver before you try anything else to get rid of the searching for signal prompt. What channels does this happen on?

The transponders above 17 are spot beams on 103(b) as is everything on 99 so don't sweat the zeros there. If 1 through 6 are from 103(a), again those are all spot beams. If they are from 103(b), transponder 4 should have a signal. Reset your receiver before you try anything else to get rid of the searching for signal prompt. What channels does this happen on?

By the way, I'm from the Charlotte, NC area and yes, it's on 103b, thanks for the heads-up and I will try the reboot and let you know. The chanels I'm missing are TBS and all of the 200 range, missing many of the premium channels but the NFLHD worked.

By the way, I'm from the Charlotte, NC area and yes, it's on 103b, thanks for the heads-up and I will try the reboot and let you know. The chanels I'm missing are TBS and all of the 200 range, missing many of the premium channels but the NFLHD worked.

I take that back, the signal strength is from 103a, i am getting no signal strength on 103b. I also did the hard reset to factory and began the install setup. I'm getting an error message on the final testing for strength, 103b. You think this could be an LNB problem or a re-aiming deal ??

I take that back, the signal strength is from 103a, i am getting no signal strength on 103b. I also did the hard reset to factory and began the install setup. I'm getting an error message on the final testing for strength, 103b. You think this could be an LNB problem or a re-aiming deal ??
The most likely problem in your situation is either the wrong multi-switch or bad BBC's.

The most likely problem in your situation is either the wrong multi-switch or bad BBC's.
Or diplexers for OTA, cable or cable modem using the same cable as the satellite signals....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts