Signal Strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I just started up my service for baseball season and had a question on signal strength. I get the stations in LA where I "moved"
to just fine except 2, KCAL and KCOP. Last year the only one I got was KCAL, now I don't. I live far, far outside the so-called spotbeam so it's OK but it is strange the turn around from last year. I went on the st setup and the one transponder that has a zero is 101, trans 26. Is this the one that has these two stations? Thanks

Are you talking SD or HD?

KCAL SD is on 101 TP28. As is KCOP SD.
KCAL HD is on 103s TP 19, so is KCOP HD

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I get KCAL SD on the non-HD reciever I have in the bedroom. Makes one think that I just need to make an adjustment. I live in NorCal not SoCal so I will need to make the adjustment for here. Are there any pics out there that shows what adjustments I need to make? I looked at it the other day and it isn't like my Dish, it has black adjustment knobs on it and I am not sure which one is which. I know it is just a minor adjustment but not sure which direction to go. When I lose the HD on my Dish all I have to do is adjust slightly south to correct it. I checked the trans on 103 19 and I get real good signals. Thanks

I believe there are some videos on the Solidsignal website explaining the alignment procedure.

I think most here would like you to post the signal strengths for all transponders on all satellites.
This can help determine if you have an alignment problem.

I forgot to mention that I get KCAL SD on the non-HD reciever I have in the bedroom. Makes one think that I just need to make an adjustment. I live in NorCal not SoCal so I will need to make the adjustment for here. Are there any pics out there that shows what adjustments I need to make? I looked at it the other day and it isn't like my Dish, it has black adjustment knobs on it and I am not sure which one is which. I know it is just a minor adjustment but not sure which direction to go. When I lose the HD on my Dish all I have to do is adjust slightly south to correct it. I checked the trans on 103 19 and I get real good signals. Thanks

What do you consider "Really Good" ?
I particular transponder is not gonna do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)