SiliconDust has discontinued Hdhomerun Signal Meter

Wescopc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 11, 2005
Canby, Oregon
SiliconDust has discontinued Hdhomerun Signal Meter - at least on google play store. Don't know about IOS. Has anyone found a good alternative?

Thanks - Tried on phone and chromebook, because it wasn't from google Play Store the Chromebook needed to be in developer mode - wiping out all of my saved data via a power wash. Didn't want to lose my data - soooo tried on phone no love with APK needed to remove protections from unsecured sites. Need to find something else for test OTA.

Bob

Thanks - Tried on phone and chromebook, because it wasn't from google Play Store the Chromebook needed to be in developer mode - wiping out all of my saved data via a power wash. Didn't want to lose my data - soooo tried on phone no love with APK needed to remove protections from unsecured sites. Need to find something else for test OTA.

Bob

If Silicondust has discontinued the app, then installing it from a 3rd party source is the only way. Unless you can use Signal GH on an iOS device.

SiliconDust responded to a lament in the Play Store and said there were other options in the store that had the functionality. I believe they are wrong about this. Perhaps calling SiliconDust would yield some results on alternatives

Chocolatey.org seems to have some old versions you can download. Support for particular models might not be there.

Apparently, the signal meter was something they were licensing and they've chosen not to renew that license.

I saw that lament as well - and I couldn't find anything within the Play Store - hence my original question. Thanks for weighing in.
Bob

It does support my version (HDHR4-2US) however when I select Android - the link goes to the Play Store "HDHomeRun" VIEW. I must be missing something.....Don't see "Signal Meter"

I guess the one they offer is Windows only and they shunt you to the Play Store for Android versions.

Sorry about raising your hopes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)