Simple Wiring Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

beartooth

Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Getting ready to wire for my pending FTA setup, and have 2 options, either the 2 wires I preinstalled in the attic, but way up near the 30' peak of my house, or wire a lower point, and re-run coax to that location. Both are doable.

My question is this...for motorized control AND the sat feed, do I need 1 or 2 coax wires? This won't probably ever be a multiple receiver setup, so that's not a concern.

Thanks.

One wire to the motor from the receiver should do the trick... from the motor, if you have an invacom quad or some other multiple lnb setup, you'll need to go from from motor to a switch, and feed the lnbs in to the diseqc switch...

In my setup, I had oodle and oodles of coax, but that's because I not only set up to go lnb->switch->motor->receiver but also lnb->computer for usb world box, and also ran ota line along the same basic path, going from roof to basement, back up floor (I have brick house so couldn't really justify drilling through brick just to watch tv...)... and also had speaker wires from line out of sound card going along the same path, all bundled up in wire ties, hanging under a gutter, to get sound from computer to audigy near the fta receiver, and on top of that have wires going both to and from the ati all in wonder in the computer to pull in ota channels and send signals to the reciver (a/b switch to swap from computer signal to ota channels in front of the ota in on the receiver)... to watch computer tv and hear it in the living room... nice for when I forget to tape or watch heroes on Monday and it's online on Tuesday.

the motor uses the same cable so its just one cable :)

unless you have line of site issues, I'd mount the dish lower to the ground

Sweet, easy enough then! No need to climb that 30' ladder if I don't have to, right?

Great forum here, thanks guys!

KD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)