Single tuner to dual tuner, one cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DiscoRage

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
The house I moved in to already had a satellite installation. When it was installed, they used the house's existing cabling. The installer hooked the dish and switch into the house's junction point.

I unhooked the existing single tuner HD receiver and I am now using my Bell 9200 (I believe it's dish model 901) with a dual tuner. The problem is, there is only one cable. How can I split this to use both tuners? Will a standard cable splitter work?

I was thinking of using my SW44 to split the single cable into two. Will this work even though there is already an SW44 installed somewhere else?

Sorry to sound a bit vague, I've been using cable for the past year so I've forgotten a lot of satellite terminology. Replies don't need to be dumbed down for my sake. Use the correct technical term and it will come back to me.

Anyone know how I can go about fixing this?

Are you sure it is an sw44? If it is you will have to run a second cable. Not sure if the bell software works with the Dish Pro Plus technology. If it is you could replace the lnb and switch with DPP versions and use a single cable with a Dish Pro Separator.

I'm not able to run a second cable, but I fixed the problem. I was able to split the single cable into two with a standard coax splitter.

I guess the existing SW44 switch that is pumping the signal through the house's coax network has enough power to us the regular splitter.

Thanks anyway!

That's not how it works at all.

Try watching two different channels from two different satellites/polarities on the two tuners at once.

Won't work.

oh good lord no. That splitter will not work and you'll probably fry the box.

There are a couple ways around it. If all you use is the 9200 then do this
swap out the LNB setup on the dish with a DishProPlus Twin
get a separator (NOT a splitter). They are designed to work with DPP technology
Then you can use the separator in the house to go to the 2 tuners...one line comes from the LNB on the roof and comes into the house. Attach the separator to it and hook it up to both tuners

Or switch to a DishPro setup and get a DPP44+ switch and a separator. This will require 2 lines from the roof (91 & 82) to the switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts