SIR-TS360 Access code

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tec

Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
I just bought the Ts360 on fleabay and only want to use the unit for OTA HD. I don't own a dish. When I power up the unit it goes to the installation screen looking for a satellite doesn't find it of course. At the main menu, I select the set dish option and it says the unit is locked and I need a 4 digit access code. How do I unlock the unit? Is there a master reset I can use and just use a factory default access code? It did come with a access card, do I just need a new card to unlock it?

Thanks

Usually those parental access codes can be clear by the service provider. If you are not on the account, and(or) cannot get the receiver on line at all, you are in trouble. You may have lemon.

From Samsungs site:

To unlock your receiver, you need to enter your password. If you've forgotten your password, call your service provider .

Called directv customer support. Said I would have to have an account so they could reset my box. Looks like I'm out of luck. Would an activated good card work?

From Samsungs site:

To unlock your receiver, you need to enter your password. If you've forgotten your password, call your service provider .

Called directv customer support. Said I would have to have an account so they could reset my box. Looks like I'm out of luck. Would an activated good card work?

First, it has to be an active account for that rec.,Second, from what I've always heard is thet they don't have a way to reset your code, however, if you have a D* account, call them and have them activate it on your account as a second rec., then see if they can access your password, probably not, but may be worth a try, if they can get it opened then you can decide to un authorize the rec. when you want.

Good luck,

Jimbo

Yeah, she tried to sell me a new account, have cable and would like to stay that way.

Have you tried any of the generic combinations like "1234", "1111", "5555", "6789"?

Yes. 1000, 2000, 9876, 0001. Frustrating.

Will a new card work or is the unit tied to the current card I have?
You would think there is a master reset somewhere on this thing.

Yes. 1000, 2000, 9876, 0001. Frustrating.

Will a new card work or is the unit tied to the current card I have?
You would think there is a master reset somewhere on this thing.
Find a friend that has a Directv account and have them add the receiver to their account then Directv can clear the password off the receiver, it should cost $5 or less to temporarily activate it.
Your only other recourse is to try and get your Ebay seller to get the password.:)

did you get it from an individual on ebay? you could try to contact them, I know that can be a loosing battle on there but just a thought.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts