Sirius or XM?

red hazard

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2003
St Louis Metro East (Illinois)
I have a new 2008 RAV4 that is XM satellite ready. However, I noticed on web site
toyotapartsoutlet.com that they also sell a Sirius receiver and installation kit as well as the XM receiver and install kit. With this merger going on, should I get the Sirius radio vice the XM one? They are priced the same and presumably both are OEM parts.

Thanks

Get XM, then next month you can get "The Best of Sirius" package and then you get MLB, NASCAR, NBA, NHL, and NFL all on one radio.

Plus you also get Stern, and a few other channels from Sirius as well.

Get XM, then next month you can get "The Best of Sirius" package and then you get MLB, NASCAR, NBA, NHL, and NFL all on one radio.

Plus you also get Stern, and a few other channels from Sirius as well.

I have not been keeping abreast of the satellite radio scene and have a couple questions:

Won't the XM radio sets become obsolete eventually? I don't envision Sirius supporting two transmission platforms indefinetly.

How does a nationwide system support local traffic reports?

Thanks

Nope they will continue to be two seperate systems.

Both systems offer limited traffic but only for major cities (they have their own channels)

I wouldnt rely on Satellite Radios traffic though, a lot of the information on it is out of date and just plain wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)