Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SIRIUS Satellite Radio Passes 5.1 mILLION subscribers

· Five Million Subscriber Mark Reached During Third Quarter 2006

· Industry Leader In Net Subscriber Additions For The Fourth Consecutive Quarter

· Company Reaffirms 2006 Subscriber Guidance

NEW YORK – October 4, 2006 -- SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced that it ended the third quarter with 5,119,308 subscribers, 135% above third quarter 2005 ending subscribers of 2,173,920. SIRIUS added 441,101 net subscribers in the third quarter of 2006, a 23% increase over year-ago third quarter net subscriber additions. SIRIUS has led the satellite radio industry in net subscriber additions for four consecutive quarters, with 61% of total satellite radio net additions in the third quarter of 2006.

SIRIUS also reiterated its guidance of 6.3 million subscribers by year-end 2006.

# # #

Congrats to Sirius. but that isa lot of of fourth quarter subs!

I don't think it's too hard to do with x-mas season coming. They grabbed almost half a million in the summer with is usually the worst time for electronics

Well if they are at 5.1 at the end of the third quarter they need 1.2 million in the fourth. What was their best quarter ever?

4th quarter of 2005 they added 1,142,640. I'm sure that would have been much higher if there were no shortages of radios like they had.

So 1.2 is not out of the realm of possibility

All I know is that I am addicted to Sirius! Great music, talk & the NFL! We have to be on the road over much of this weekend and Sirius will ensure I hear the 'Skins/Giants & Eagles/Cowboys games!

My two favorite teams: the Washington Redskins and whoever is playing Dallas!

---Doug

chicagofilms said:
4th quarter of 2005 they added 1,142,640. I'm sure that would have been much higher if there were no shortages of radios like they had.

So 1.2 is not out of the realm of possibility

thanks for that info. It does indeed make it sound more plausible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)