SIRIUS To Remain On Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have heard, effective February 9th DIRECTV is removing the XM Channels from it's lineup and will be replacing them with channels from Sonic Tap (aka DMX.)

In hearing the news about DIRECTV, I questioned around to contacts at Dish and got a number of varried answers on the subject with most of them sounding like it appeared Sirius could soon be off Dish Network.

Today during the Retailer Chat on the Commercial Sales segment the talked about SIRIUS and mentioned that certain commercial packages include SIRIUS. That was a good sign that SIRIUS was sticking around on Dish.

So I emailed Dish asking them and got a note back saying that the Sirius Music channels will remain available as normal.

This was one thing from Dish today that I was happy to hear. :)

Thats not a bad idea, Bundle dish with sirius xm in your car and internet enabled too. Why not offer combined billing. It could bring in some money to sirius and new sub revenue. Especially if they added a 5.99 teir where you could get howard and bubba on dish, as well as all of the other talk channels.

Soon that will be the only way I hear Sirius XM. My radios are going dead as they time out of their contracts.... ;)

Make sure to cancel - if you're doing the autopay on the credit cards - they'll keep on charging you.

Oh yeah! I canceled radio # 3 a few months back. The credit card they have on file has lapsed but their literature says you are still responsible unless you call to cancel, so I did and will continue to do so.

thanks for the heads up.....