Sirius/XM sound quality?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
But it's awfully hard to listen to the internet while I'm driving. What is obscure to you is probably not obscure to many others. I agree that less channels would produce less compression. However, less channels would probably produce less subscribers and that is a death knell....

I have no problem listening to the internet while driving. I disagree with the poster who said that the iphone has poor sound. Pandora and Slacker stream at 64kbps AAC which is double the sound quality of XM/Sirius.
And yes, I am picky about my sound as i listen to a lot of sacd/ dvda's. I also sometimes plug my Iphone into my home system as well. I stopped doing this with xm as the sound was just too poor.

Does anyone else have a problem with proliferation of low noises over Sirius XM? I have a Roady XT - a very dependable, cheap little radio - but I noticed that it tends to proliferate low noises and filter out high sounds. This is most evident over FM, but it also does it when I plug it into a tape deck. When I adjust the settings on my car's stereo, it sounds fine; however, I hate having to change my EQ settings between XM and my FM tuner. Any experiences/suggestions?

eh, quality's kinda bad so I listen to mostly talk (Sirius patriot FTW), I wouldn't mind if they cut out sirius left, lol. but the music I do listen to I wouldn't mind merging for better quality, like classic vinyl and classic rewind. besides, say the compressed losslessy with like FLAC, that wouldn't use a ton of bandwidth right? I know Sirius satallites are different from geostationary like directv and dish, but not sure how that would affect availible bandwidth. wouldn't like 5 or 10 HD TV-channels equal about the bandwidth of 150 lossless channels?

My wife's car comes with Sirius and I have XM on mine. I noticed that my XM sounds better than her Sirius when listening to some channels that they both would have. When you come to think of it, there are so many radios, that there would be so many variables on sound quality. From a Tivoli radio that should sound awesome, to a starter Express. ($35 a Circuit City while they are still around).

I only listen to talk on my XM. If I am in the mood for music I pop in a CD. As long as the talk does not sound like its coming throw a tin can attached to a string its fine with me.

man, I wish they would sell them OEM like that, seems a lot more convenient, especially if you don't mind the lack of sirius radio in home (but then you can get it online anyways)