SiriusXM Lynx Unboxing / Thoughts

ty scott on your feelings on the lynx i may hold off until it gets bugs out or gets better :)

Its not only the bugs... One of the reasons why I got the Lynx is because I liked the Party Music channel and wated to listen to it in the car. Since it was a SiriusXM 2.0 channel the only way to hear it in the car (besides via the internet) was with a 2.0 compatable radio like the Lynx.

Well guess what, without warning one day I went and turned my radio on and POOF the Party Music Channel was gone. With no warning they just pulled the plug on the channel. It was one of the old new SiriusXM 2.0 channels I listened to, the rest of the channels I don't really care for and the majority of them are spanish.

Its not only the bugs... One of the reasons why I got the Lynx is because I liked the Party Music channel and wated to listen to it in the car. Since it was a SiriusXM 2.0 channel the only way to hear it in the car (besides via the internet) was with a 2.0 compatable radio like the Lynx.

Well guess what, without warning one day I went and turned my radio on and POOF the Party Music Channel was gone. With no warning they just pulled the plug on the channel. It was one of the old new SiriusXM 2.0 channels I listened to, the rest of the channels I don't really care for and the majority of them are spanish.

That was the reason you mentioned above why i was going to get the lynx also but main reason was 2.0 and other thanks again scott :)

Holy CRAP! What an update:
New lynx update 01.05.071.
Satellite radio Updates:

New-Instant and Schedule Recording Capibility
New-Tune Scan Feature
New-Channel Background Graphics for now playing Screen
Update - Replay Memory Incease. Up to 60 minutes for now playing channel and 30 for current favorite channels

Internet Radio Updates:

New-SiriusXM On Demand Access

New-Tune Start capability on ALL Music channels New- Jump to last channel
Updated- Start Now menu list with more Info

General Updates:

New - Web Browser
New - Independent LED light adjustment for home and vehicle docks
New - Custom naming of Bluetooth Home Dock
New - Clock added to home screen and Now playing screens
New - Add favorite Shows tom my shows for quick access
Update Update - Improved Bluetooth home dock connectivity
Update - Mature Channels stay locked or unlocked during a session
update - Improved dock transitions Other - miscellaneous improvements and performance enhancements

Sounds like a GREAT update. As many of you know I have had a Love / Hate relationship with my Lynx. And with each update I have loved it more.

Just got this in.

Some very good news to report- as of this morning, Lynx has a new system update available that has many new and exciting features including SiriusXM On Demand that will allow you to listen to your O&A show on your schedule (while listening to Internet Radio). in addition we have added Recording capabilities for Satellite Radio. You can now instantly record your current channel or show or even schedule a future recording of a channel or show so you can listen to it when you want.

Some other cool new features include Tune Scan™ for Satellite radio which scans through all the songs on your favorite music channels that you have not yet heard - Set your current favorite channel (presets) page and all the channels will be 'buffering' up to 30 min of content in the background and Tune Scan will let you preview 6-seconds of each of the songs that you havent heard yet on those channels - tap Tune Scan again to stop and keep listening to the song you like.

We have also added an internet Web Broswer, Show Finder Search function, Background channel art for satellite radio Now Playing screen, Tune Start and last channel jump for SiriusXM internet radio and more.

After you update your Lynx, please review the Application Tour and on-device user guide for specifics on how some of the new features work
Please let us know how you like the new features and capabilities of your Lynx radio. Feedback is always welcome.

Regards

Lynx Feedback Team

BTW if you want one of these radios give TSS Radio a call and ask for Tom. Tell Tom your a SatelliteGuys member and see what kind of deal he gives you. :) (No TSS is not a sponsor but Tom has been a good guy over the years!)

I think I might have run into him at CES in the little corner of the booth where SiriusXM was setup. Seemed nice enough.

Over a year after release, the Lynx is still getting new features added to it:
TuneMix:
photo_835.jpg

The update started pushing out to Lynx units on Feb 15. Hasn't shown up on mine yet.

I got the update but I cant figure how to set it up to mix my channels together.
The little TuneMix button didn't show up until after I rebooted the device. (Strange.) It will mix together whatever 5 music channels you have on a favorites page. So you may need to do some channel re-arranging to get the right mix of stations together.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)