SiriusXM Lynx Unboxing / Thoughts

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I hope they fix it so when you plug the Lynx into the Home Adapter it stops automatically turning Bluetooth on. (Maybe make it a menu item) as I am not using Bluetooth at home (well actually my office)

It's great to have SiriusXM here Sandy!

Hi Rolltide,

What's new in version 1.00.201
- Faster reconnection to SiriusXM Internet Radio after an inactivity timeout
- Enhanced captive portal network accessibility <- What does that even mean!?!?!
- Improved battery life when pausing Radio Replays in handheld mode
- Remembers the last source playback after a power cycle in the Vehicle Dock <- Thank you! This has been annoying me.
- Improved Show Finder access when not connected to Satellite or Internet Radio
- Other miscellaneous improvements

If you have any questions/comments, feel free to email us at lynxfeedback@siriusxm.com

Enjoy!

Sandy
Lynx Support Team

I hope they fix it so when you plug the Lynx into the Home Adapter it stops automatically turning Bluetooth on. (Maybe make it a menu item) as I am not using Bluetooth at home (well actually my office)
Okay so are using using the headphone jack with the home adapter or something instead of the Bluetooth-ing out the back of the dock? Because you're the second person I've heard mention that.

It's great to have SiriusXM here Sandy!
I'd like to think that I had something to do with that! (Maybe.)

Every once in awhile I will turn the radio on and it will tell me it can't the wifi network. I then hit the Home Button and press Internet again then it connects up.

Sometimes it goes to connect and just sits there spinning at Checking User Credentials. A reboot usually gets me back in though.

I am also starting to get an Internet Radio Service Error "Internet Radio Service Configuration Error: -1." often.

Last edited:
I am also starting to get an Internet Radio Service Error "Internet Radio Service Configuration Error: -1." often.

That's the error I'm getting to! I can't quite narrow down what is triggering it. My guess is that it has to do with being signed in on another device somewhere. I have SiriusXM Internet Streaming plugged into my Squeezebox server, so I'm not sure if that's making the error trigger or not. I don't know how often the Squeezebox checks my streaming credentials. Right after getting that error however, I can go outside and connect the Lynx up to Internet streaming using the Mobile Hotspot feature on my phone and it will connect without any issues.

I am having another issue now, when its in the home dock and power it up I just see the SiriusXM logo blinking on the screen, it never actually finishes booting up.

To get it to boot I need to remove it from the dock, power it up and once its booted put it in the dock again... (and then go into settings and turn the Bluetooth off which is really annoying!)

ty scott for keeping us up to date on this.i will hold up on getting one until all the bugs are worked out :)

New software update is out
Lynx Application Version 1.00.204
Released 3/22/2012

The Lynx Radio supports system updates sent over the Internet using a Wi-Fi® connection. When an update is available, Lynx will notify you that the update is ready to be installed. Tap OK and Lynx will restart and update the system software automatically.

What's new in version 1.00.204
  • Radio Replay access continually showing "Please Wait" indefinitely is fixed
  • Playback of MP3 files on microSD showing "Preparing media" indefinitely is fixed
  • Improved stand-by battery life when Lynx is in a vehicle dock that is turned OFF
  • Supports access to songs on a full 32GB microSD Sandisk card
  • Radio Replays can now playback the last 15 min of content
  • Browsing Show Finder while listening to Radio Replays no longer distorts audio
  • Fixed dock type detection
  • Fixed screen wakeup from sleep state
  • Other miscellaneous performance improvements and minor bug fixes
To manually check for system updates, be sure your Lynx is connected to the Internet via a Wi-Fi access point, and then tap HOME -> Settings-> About Lynx-> System update. If a system update is available, Lynx will let you know and ask if you would like to install it once the update has been downloaded. Caution – do not turn off Lynx, or remove power, during the update process.

To confirm your Lynx software version, tap Settings-> About Lynx-> Device information. If your Lynx does not show the following, please perform the system update:
  • Application version – 1.00.204
  • Baseband firmware version – 9.8.0
  • OS version – SBP_FRO_81

Still no fix for the Auto Bluetooth on when putting it into the home dock. :(

I hope it fixes the issus logging in and listening to the online streaming.

mlbfans said:
So, I called XM today and said I wanted to use the Lynx when I run and they said it didn't work like the old radios from satellite, only wi-fi
...is this true?

Yep, there's no built-in antenna. Only will do live satellite from a docking kit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts