Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
http://blog.siriusxm.com/2017/05/02/the-beatles-channel-coming-exclusively-to-siriusxm-on-may-18/

Come Together for the Revolution, and Help! us make music history.

The Beatles’ first-ever official radio channel — The Beatles Channel — is coming exclusively to SiriusXM on May 18 at 9:09 am ET on Channel 18.

Celebrating popular music’s most legendary and influential band, The Beatles Channel has been created by SiriusXM to present unique and exclusive programming in collaboration with and fully authorized by The Beatles’ Apple Corps Ltd. The Beatles Channel will also be available online and through the SiriusXM app.

The Beatles Channel will showcase all-things-Beatles with regular and special programming spanning the history-making careers of the band and its members: John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. The channel will explore The Beatles’ entire career including their hits and deeper tracks, live recordings, rarities, and solo albums, while also spotlighting musicians who have inspired, and have drawn inspiration from, The Beatles.

“I still remember the thrill of when we first heard our music on the radio,” McCartney said. “But I don’t think any of us would have imagined that we’d have our very own Beatles radio channel more than 50 years later. The SiriusXM channel will have it all, 8 Days a Week.”

Ringo Starr added: “Great news, The Beatles will have their own channel on SiriusXM. Now you can listen to The Beatles, Any Time at All. Peace & Love.”

The Beatles Channel will launch at exactly 9:09 am ET on Thursday, May 18, and will be celebrated as part of SiriusXM’s free listening preview program, offering 24/7 listening on inactive SiriusXM radios from May 17 to May 30.

The Beatles Channel will present a curated mix of music tailored to a wide range of Beatles fans, along with a variety of regular shows and specials, including:

Breakfast with The Beatles
A daily morning show hosted by musician and lifelong Beatles aficionado Chris Carter, featuring music, stories and all things Beatles.

A Day in the Life
A daily feature noting milestones in the lives and career of The Beatles.

My Fab Four
A daily guest DJ session, hosted by musicians influenced by The Beatles, celebrities, and super-fan listeners, each playing their four favorite Beatles songs.

Beatle Bites
A daily “name the song” quiz featuring a short snippet of a Beatles recording.

A Dedicated Phone Number
844-999-BEATLES is a dedicated line for fans to make requests and share their Beatles stories.

The Fab Fourum
A live weekly call-in roundtable show hosted by veteran broadcaster Dennis Elsas; TV producer and author Bill Flanagan; and panelists including authors, musicians and fans.

Peter Asher: From Me To You
He sang Beatles compositions as a member of Peter & Gordon, was part of the formation of Apple Records and went on to become a multiple Grammy-winning producer and much more. Now, his stories come to life in this exclusive weekly series.

Magical Mini Concert
A weekly fantasy concert featuring live music from The Beatles and their solo works.

Northern Songs with Bill Flanagan
A regular show from TV producer and author Flanagan, focusing on themes that tell the story of The Beatles, their music and the effect it had on generations of fans.

Get Back: The Beatles in Britain
A monthly show recorded in and around London and Liverpool that offers the UK perspective of the Beatles phenomenon, hosted by Geoff Lloyd.

I am sure this channel will get boring quick. There is not that many hours of Beatles Music, so its going to get repetitive quick. (and I am saying this as a Beatles fan) :)

Reactions: reddice
I am sure this channel will get boring quick. There is not that many hours of Beatles Music, so its going to get repetitive quick. (and I am saying this as a Beatles fan) :)
It'll probably turn out like the Garth channel where it plays other music he likes along with his so it doesn't get stay to repetitive. But isn't 18 the channel thru swap out different specialties on all the time

When is enough enough with this single artist and payola channels? I don't care for The Beatles one bit, but when temporary channels were set up that only played bands I liked, I never listened.

Reactions: Darrell S
It'll probably turn out like the Garth channel where it plays other music he likes along with his so it doesn't get stay to repetitive. But isn't 18 the channel thru swap out different specialties on all the time

There is plenty of content from all four members plus the Beatles as a group to support a reasonable mix of programming.

I don't think Dish will be carrying the Beatles channel. When I asked they said no.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Amen!

Just got back from my annual Spring road trip. Four days, 1200 miles. Mainly listened to Lithium, Bone Yard, Prime Country and some NASCAR Radio on Monday morning. I cannot tell you how many bumpers I heard for channel 18.

The channel launches tomorrow at 9:09 am ET.

Have been listening to the promos they have been running on 18, and they are all REALLY REALLY well done. I am now excited about the Beatles Channel now.

Reactions: edisonprime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts