Site issues

Not once, as in never...

I have had five as well, the initial and four boosters.
Same here. 5 shots total and never got COVID, even though I know I was exposed to it in bowling league. It took out one on my bowling teammates for a few weeks and some others.

But I did get a very bad case of the flu when I reported for jury duty last month. I sat in a closed, packed coutroom with about 70 other unmasked people. I thought it might be COVID but the PCR test was negative. Doc said that the flu was widespread in our area.

I should have gotten the flu vaccine!

Once again if I hover over a name on a like it doesn't do anything. It's just text. It used to be a link and would show how you liked.

When I hover over the "like" button it lets me choose which version of the icon. I'm running Firefox 107 on a MacBook Pro laptop. Have you tried doing "clear history"? I had to do that about a week or so ago.

Same here. 5 shots total and never got COVID, even though I know I was exposed to it in bowling league. It took out one on my bowling teammates for a few weeks and some others.

But I did get a very bad case of the flu when I reported for jury duty last month. I sat in a closed, packed coutroom with about 70 other unmasked people. I thought it might be COVID but the PCR test was negative. Doc said that the flu was widespread in our area.

I should have gotten the flu vaccine!

When I hover over the "like" button it lets me choose which version of the icon. I'm running Firefox 107 on a MacBook Pro laptop. Have you tried doing "clear history"? I had to do that about a week or so ago.
I can like. I can't see how other's have liked. The names used to be a link. Now they are just text.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can like. I can't see how other's have liked. The names used to be a link. Now they are just text.
I posted a screen clip below of the reactions to post #541 here. So you are seeing text instead of icons?

Or is it that you can't tell who reacted with thumbs up and who reacted with "love"? I can't either now, but I remember that I used to be able to.
Screen Shot 2022-12-13 at 4.59.20 PM.png

I posted a screen clip below of the reactions to post #541 here. So you are seeing text instead of icons?

Or is it that you can't tell who reacted with thumbs up and who reacted with "love"? I can't either now, but I remember that I used to be able to.
View attachment 159885
So, in this post you put up, does this mean charlesrshell Liked and The Krell Loved ?
What happens when another person does one on that post, how do you know how they responded ?

Last edited:

View attachment 159885
I understand all of that. I can do the same when I hover over the like it shows the different types of likes. You used to be able to hover over the names and see how each person liked it (like, love, laugh, etc.). Now you can't.

So, in this post you put up, does this mean charlesrshell Liked and The Krell Loved ?
Wjat happens when another person does one on that post, how do you know how they responded ?
You don't know anymore. But, as mackie said above, in a previous version of this forum's software you were able to see how each person reacted. I liked that feature, but now its gone.

You don't know anymore. But in a previous version of this forum's software you were able to see how each person reacted. I liked that feature, but now its gone.
Does it really matter? Just asking.

It looks like the new Software was written by the City of Columbia City - Department of Redundancy Department:
1670992647637.png

And, if you click on the U/L case "Threads", you get rewarded with a "Page not found" error:
1670992277816.png

I wish! He never figured out how to fix my 32-bit Windows issue.
The "fix" is for you to not use that woefully outdated machine when accessing this site. Expecting Scott to identify and implement a workaround on your behalf doesn't seem to me to be a prudent use of his finite resources.

Is there a reason that you are holding back on replacing a computer that doesn't meet today's most fundamental requirements?

A 7 year old browser is likely to have security issues and might not be able to handle the latest HTML coding.
The issue here, as TheKrell notes, is that the computer lacks the hardware that implements encrypted connections that all modern browsers depend on. The solution would likely involve writing a software-based encryption system to emulate the missing hardware along with drivers to hook it in.

Why not? I am using Opera 36 on a Windows Vista machine without any problems.

If TheKrell needs a new browser (compatible with Windows XP and up) there is Mypal (which is based on Firefox Quantum). You can also use Mozilla Adds-ons. Certainly better than using IE!

Why are you still using Vista?

Expecting Scott to identify and implement a workaround on your behalf doesn't seem to me to be a prudent use of his finite resources.
My comment about Scott fixing it was meant tongue in cheek. We all know Scott can't devote any time working around my old browser issues.