Site issues

Why would you expect to be able to use a 7 year old version of a browser?
Why not? I am using Opera 36 on a Windows Vista machine without any problems.

If TheKrell needs a new browser (compatible with Windows XP and up) there is Mypal (which is based on Firefox Quantum). You can also use Mozilla Adds-ons. Certainly better than using IE!

Reactions: charlesrshell

If TheKrell needs a new browser (compatible with Windows XP and up) there is Mypal (which is based on Firefox Quantum). You can also use Mozilla Adds-ons. Certainly better than using IE!

Mypal says it's unstable. :( I'll try for Opera again for my W7 partition. Unfortunately it says it won't work on W2K, which is what I still have running in another partition. It's amazing what we could do with so little memory back in the day.

Mypal says it's unstable. :( I'll try for Opera again for my W7 partition. Unfortunately it says it won't work on W2K, which is what I still have running in another partition. It's amazing what we could do with so little memory back in the day.
I haven't found it to be unstable on the sites I have used it for, and I am using it to post here right now (rather than Opera). The bonus is that I can use the Mozilla add-ons, whereas Opera 36 is pretty much dead for most add-ons

Reactions: TheKrell
A 7 year old browser is likely to have security issues and might not be able to handle the latest HTML coding.
There is a Firefox version for Windows but Firefox support for XP and Vista has ended. Not only that, the XP OS is no longer supported by Microsoft which means XP could have security issues.

A 7 year old browser is likely to have security issues and might not be able to handle the latest HTML coding.

There is a Firefox version for Windows but Firefox support for XP and Vista has ended. Not only that, the XP OS is no longer supported by Microsoft which means XP could have security issues.
Yes, there are a few sites which Opera 36 won't do some of the HTML coding, but not many. I also have a Maxthon browser for some of them, and just recently added Mypal to the mix. Haven't had any security issues, and who would now be writing security issues for these old OS, when they could exploit the latest versions!

Reactions: TheKrell
Yes, there are a few sites which Opera 36 won't do some of the HTML coding, but not many. I also have a Maxthon browser for some of them, and just recently added Mypal to the mix.
Well, Mypal 68 won't run at all, so I tried falling back to the last stable version. It won't run because of lack SSE2 instructions in my processor. :crying On to Opera 36.