Site issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Got any recommendations on a distro that works on 32 bit computers with limited memory?

Perhaps you need to look into Zorin OS Lite.
They have came a long way. I used to try a bunch of different ones especially new ones, just to try them out. Most, were lacking or had too many issues. But, I got to say, Zorin is pretty stable these days and competes really well with the big boys and is faster.

E5FA806D-9777-48EC-98A9-F8A99F043449.jpeg

Speaking of global chip shortages… ;)

”A View to a Kill” certainly didn’t age well. Flooding the Silicon Valley today wouldn’t do squat to Computer Chip Manufacturing. Would Zorin have the stomach to take on today’s Communist, er, “Capitalist” China with such a threat?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
My personal all-time favorite is still “On Her Majesty’s Secret Service”, mostly because of Diana Rigg. One of the best screenplays, too.

What was this thread about again? ;)
Oh, yeah… Still looking good, Scott!
The page has been loaded at 5:38 PM​
This page was generated in 0.1717s :: Queries 69 :: Memory 13.18MB​

Perhaps you need to look into Zorin OS Lite.
They have came a long way. I used to try a bunch of different ones especially new ones, just to try them out. Most, were lacking or had too many issues. But, I got to say, Zorin is pretty stable these days and competes really well with the big boys and is faster.
That's the cool thing about Linux distro's. You can try a bunch of them until you find one you like. Unlike the commercial one size fits all solutions. I would caution those considering some of the "light" versions however. Sometimes what makes them light is the fact that they are based on antiquated kernels. At which point I'm not sure if it's any better than Windows 7 whose latest release was 10 years ago.

My original recommendation was to retire the 32 bit computer in favor of prolonging the 64 bit sibling. The thread went a little sideways after that. :imconfused

Sometimes what makes them light is the fact that they are based on antiquated kernels.
And that's how you conserve RAM. Not everyone needs a lot of the features that are build into the latest kernels; especially the kernels that have features not available on older machines. Unlike Windows, the older kernels get security updates should they need them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Referring back to "what was this thread about ?",oh yeah,site issues.For example the old "Forbidden" reared its little head this morning.Dump SatGuys from the cache,reenter password and back in business.:biggrin
Maybe there ought to be a computer forum on this site,oh wait :wink

Reactions: charlesrshell
I don't even get "403" mine just says "Forbidden".But I found with Palemoon,just go to show all history,right click any SG cookie and click "forget about this site" and they all go away,without screwing up every other place I go.Then go back to log in,insert password,and good to go again.

Sounds like you had a bad cookie, which you clean by selecting Forget this site. :)

The site has been running good with no error being reported except around the 4:45 am (ET) time when the server reboots. (And the errors are for things like Search Engine went away... normal shut down stuff.)

I am tempted to turn the daily reboot off and see how it goes. As other when the WHM update the other morning, the site has been running great ever since that Saturday when I worked on it all day. :)

Maybe the Site is rebuilding in the background; I see the Blue Line of Slowness came back…

edit: Must have been background daemons, all zippy again!