Status
Not open for further replies.

mdram

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Md
man it runs 10x faster in firefox, but the ads are blocked

Thats what we have been working on the past week. :) (Not done yet we need to upgrade our OS on both server which will happen tomorrow.)

Please use ad blocking carefully as we rely on the ads to pay the bills and keep the site open to all.

For the past 24 hours (and a LOT of work on it this morning) I have been moving ads to iframes so they should no longer slow down the loading of pages. I dont want to have to block access to people using ad blockers if we can't pay our bills. Thanks for your understanding.

Hopefully more ZOOM coming soon. :D :D

i dont normally use them, but it was so slow i decided to test firefox

i cant install anything at work, but firefox has a portable app that needs no installation :)

I love FF, don't need to worry about getting viruses, etc. You can set a profile in FF to view the site with or without ads depending on your net connection or go the Pub Membership route. I used to do that until my current dispute with Paypal.

Some of the banners do direct you to some nice things like the Applied Instruments one.

I did a speed check and the board is speedy both ways.

i dont normally use them, but it was so slow i decided to test firefox

Many of the categories and threads I click load way too slow. I use IE Firefox and Chrome depending upon what I'm doing. The slowness occurs with all of them.

I personally think it's the type of ads. I realize that this is what pays the bills, but if people get too frustrated and just leave, that won't do anyone any good.

I am seeing the issue as well it seems to be an issue with one agency.

I need to figure out which one and shut them off when I get in front of a computer.

The site is slower than it's ever been. Freezing, loading forever.

It's a compromise, I understand that, and you have to pay the bills, I get that too.

But frustration overcomes loyalty after awhile.

There seems to be an issue with Quantcast which is our stats processing company which is required by our ad agencies.

I have submitted a ticket with them.

Our servers themselves are flying like normal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)