Status
Please reply by conversation.

raydio

K6KGW
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 6, 2005
Rio Rancho, NM
Well after a lot of thought, I have decided on upgrading my 1.2 meter Patriot to a 6' bud. I put adds into our local freecycles here in the Richmond area and within 2 hours I received three emails from people with dishes that they want to give away. I surely suggest that anyone who is looking for a bud to look in your local freecycle. Now if I can only talk one of these folks into home delivery!

Freecycle got me a 7.5ft c-band mesh dish only 10 miles away (although the guy's yard was a dump, and a bee hive was under the dish), great dish though. And, I still have 3 other guys willing to give me another dish.

Another place to try is craigslist.com

Even with a free dish it isn't cheap other costs for me after the dish: 10ft pole (3.5in diameter), ribbon cable, kuLNB, extra feedhorn, new polarity switch, working analogue receiver for moving dish, working actuator, my-labor

I am very happy now with my setup! Worth it!

I have a 5' and a 40" P* from freecycle. I can also get a 12' if I want it. I am thinking for grabbing a 8' sometime for one I saw at a Garage sale last fall.

rayydio said:
Well after a lot of thought, I have decided on upgrading my 1.2 meter Patriot to a 6' bud. I put adds into our local freecycles here in the Richmond area and within 2 hours I received three emails from people with dishes that they want to give away. I surely suggest that anyone who is looking for a bud to look in your local freecycle. Now if I can only talk one of these folks into home delivery!

I know 2 AM Sunday morning would be the time to move it down the street or see if a moving van is big enough. I now have a big enough yard for it I just don't know the neighbors yet. Will have to see how the 5' goes.

tdti1 said:
Get the 12' :)

ken2400 said:
I know 2 AM Sunday morning would be the time to move it down the street or see if a moving van is big enough. I now have a big enough yard for it I just don't know the neighbors yet. Will have to see how the 5' goes.

My opinion , especially if it is located in the back yard , is the day the neighbors start chipping in for the cost of insurance , taxes , and house payment , that day they et the opportunity to express their opinions about my property .

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
My opinion , especially if it is located in the back yard , is the day the neighbors start chipping in for the cost of insurance , taxes , and house payment , that day they et the opportunity to express their opinions about my property .

Wyr
Amen!

WyrTwister said:

Wyr

Well said!

Well, no luck so far with Freecycle. My problem is that my county and the neighboring county to my north are considered "redneck counties." That means nobody wants to part with their beloved BUD that sits in front of the trailer next to the car on concrete blocks and the dishwasher :D

Redneck.....

rjc3895 said:
Well, no luck so far with Freecycle. My problem is that my county and the neighboring county to my north are considered "redneck counties." That means nobody wants to part with their beloved BUD that sits in front of the trailer next to the car on concrete blocks and the dishwasher :D

Ever see Redneck Airlines...see thumb! Surprised there is no BUD attached!
Jeff

Attachments

• Redneck Airlines.jpg
    Redneck Airlines.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
rjc3895 said:

What...no couch?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts