Skew a non-skewable dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

aegrotatio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
A Public Bathroom
Help me skew my dish

I have a Winegard 76cm and a Winegard 100cm and want to skew one of them to the curvature of the arc around these parts. I want to have a straight line, more or less, of LNBFs and skewing the dish will solve it for me.

How might I go about doing this to a fixed dish and has anyone done this? Are there kits that can put skew mounts like on my DiSH and DirecPC dishes?

Maybe you can off-set (Tilt) your pole/mast. Have a look below, thats what I did with my 40" PrimeStar dish, I off-set the mast to 45º the same as my Latitude!

Attachments

• Pict0127.JPG
    Pict0127.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 264
Your best bet is motorizing the 1 meter dish, especially if you are only going to 1 reciever. While i really like my 76 cm winegard (my first ku dish) nowadays up here in the northeast it just wont get all the signals i want.

you could do offset LNBFs, but really it wont get you a lot of the arc unless you go with a torroidal dish, and i dont hear a lot of good things about those

Thanks, I already have three LNBFs on this dish. When I had it on a motor it was very elegant with all the offset LNBFs in a straight line. Without the motor (and no skew) the LNBFs are unsightly. I bought a few Magic Brackets and they will be even more unsightly on a non-skewed dish but pleasant on a skewed dish.

I'll give these things a try but I'm hoping to find some sort of ring I can mount the dish onto.

I'd like to know if anyone has skewed a non-skewable dish. I want to skew the entire dish to put all my LNBFs in a row and possibly get better gain but it's a fixed az/el mount.

Merged threads, please try to keep all posts on the same subject in the same thread. It really helps us help you :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)