skew angles and switches for bell hd

RLK

Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Hi everyone
I'm just about to install a bell tv satellite and reciever (HD) in Apache Junction, AZ.
I will bring with me my receivers from Vancouver.
I need help
I'm hoping you may help me
RLK

So here are my questions:
I know the coordinates of where the dish will be located. (lat: 33.36 and long -111.4396)
I will be using Bell's sat EV 91 and 82.
I have been online trying to determ the azimuth and elevation, and feel comfortable with them...however, I am not sure of the skew. I have used a calculator on line, and the skew is 65.1
However, I also read online a comment that the skew for two satellites is the average of each individual skew. When I calculate the skew that way...it very different form the 65.1 above.
So...what is the skew value?

Also
I will be using two dual LNB's. Although I can used each "run" for a receiver, I have three receivers and I understand I need a switch.
Which switch do I need, and where do I get it?
I appreciate all the help I can get
Thanks....:)
RLK

For your coordinates the skew with both lnb's inplace is 65.3 so thats all you should need plus elevation etc from what I calculated on a alignment tool

Bell will not work very well in AZ the bell satellites are aimed for Canada. A search here should find several threads about missing transponders/channels.

switches

I am still wondering what switch is needed and where can I get one ...I want to hook up an extra receiver for my bell tv hd.
I have 2 dual LNBs...but have three receivers
Thanks
RLK

There is no way you will get Bell TV HD in Arizona. 82W which carries the HD channels is broadcast from a new satellite Nimiq4 and they have angled it so it covers Canada much better and the beam in the southern US is either too weak or completely gone depending on how far south you live.

You will probably still be able to get your SD channels on 91W.

To hook up three receivers the best way is to use a SW44 if you have legacy LNBs (if a Bell service man did this you will have these). Two lines from each of the LNBs go to the input side of the switch. On the output side you will be able to have 4 feeds available for your receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)