Skip back function sometimes goes to begining of recording

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mmcl26554

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Northern WV
This evening my 722k, while using the "skip back" function took it to near the beginning of the recording. At the time I used it I was near the end of a 1 hour recording, had about 10 min left. This is the first time it has happened to me, but I have heard of it before. The firmware is L690. Are there any know issues with the 722k or firmware L690 or is my receiver getting ready to die?
Michael

It's a software bug. Many of us thought Dish would fix this bug (didn't use to exist) after the Tivo settlement, but they haven't. Bugs me, too. BIG TIME!

Your receiver is fine. It's just that it's brain is insane.

Just for kicks, I went to "chat" and asked about this. I asked "Was this a known issue with software L690". The response was it was Not a know issue and you 722k is on the way out, we could replace it. I replied, I remember reading about this in the past on Satellite Guys. Response: Is Satellite guys a retailer? I told him what Satellite guys is and about D.I.R.T, but he knew nothing. Finally I replied, I would post this on Satellite Guys because I did not think the receiver was the issue. That ended the chat. Moral: don't bother with "chat" they appear to be ill informed. Go to Satellite Guys instead!
Michael

If you want a problem, pause the playback of a recording, do some skip backs (nominally 2 sec each in pause versus 10 sec in play), press play. It will jump usually back 10 sec to 2 min to the whole recording.

The best I have found is before play, to skip forward a few times each of 1 to a few frames--skip forward in play is 30 sec. It probably has to do with getting the MPEG-4 stream synchronized. It sure makes it hard to zero in on an important frame or scene.

Pause and then play works fine, just not with skips while paused.

-Ken

It would not be so bad if it had always been this way, but it used to work. That's the frustrating part.

It used to be skip forward 30 seconds, skip back 7 and it always worked. Then there was the TIVO lawsuit, I had guessed they "broke" it because of that (maybe it is actually something more technical).

Now it's forward 30 seconds, back 10, so if it works correctly you don't have that nice bit of pad because they are now exact multiples of each other. I used to be able to skip forward till the end of a commercial block, then skip back a time or two and be right where I wanted to be. Now I either end up stuck with around 10 seconds of annoying ad if I'm lucky, or some random place back near the beginning if I'm not.

Same goes for the frame advance/retreat while paused. It used to work beautifully, now it's a mess.

It only gives me that problem if I hit the skip back button a few times in rapid succession. I usually just give it half a second between presses to keep it working fine

It only gives me that problem if I hit the skip back button a few times in rapid succession. I usually just give it half a second between presses to keep it working fine

Sometimes that works for me, sometimes not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)