Sky Angel Launches Gospel Music Channel

Glorystar System Best Move I Ever Made

Please don't put down Glorystar, I have just gotten my Glorystar system and have it up and running. It's a neat system, I got it about 2 weeks ago,easy to operate, lots of good Christian programming. I got the Glorystar system esp. for "GMTN" Southern Gospel Music Television. There are also lot's of other good Christian channels. "GMTN" was given a raw deal by Sky Angel. I got a lifetime membership with SA when they first began just so I could get "GMTN". A few years later Sky Angel took GMTN off their system. I sent them (Sky Angel) several emails and letters, asking why? No answer from them!! They don't even send any info. about any changes. Yes, I am telling all my friends about "GLORYSTAR" . Sometimes "Word of Mouth" is the best and cheapest. The Glorystar System is very inexpensive and very Top-Notch all the way. Best of all no monthly bill to pay!!! Go Glorystar!! Go Glorystar!! Thanks for being there when we needed you. One final word; all the staff that I have talked to so far, with "Glorystar" have been super-nice ..
Can't say that for Sky Angel !!! ............:hatsoff:Thanks (cellis ) Charles from North Carolina.

Last edited:
one quick afterthought, don't get the two gospel music channels confused with each other. "GMTN" is all Southern Gospel" and is on Glorystar. It ( GMTN) is the one Sky Angel took off their programming.
The other Gospel Music channel is a mix of different kinds of Gospel and that is the one that will be on Sky Angel.

Also, When Sky Angel first started several years ago, no one had ever heard of them. It took several years for them to get their feet off the ground. Glorystar is still young and just gettig started, but I see a bright future for them. Like Sky Angel, Glorystar will have a few hills to climb, Already they have come a long way!! Let's help them get started and all of us keep spreading the good news about "GloryStar" to everyone we meet!!

Last edited:
jbmiller

Its the same setup. Its just that there are 2 systems. The Adventist package which is the AMC4 stuff and the full blown Glorystar package which is the 2 satellite deal :)

John,

Iceberg is pointing out that the 1 LNBF system for only the Adventist programming on one satellite is $179, the dual LNBF Glorystar system for programming on two satellites is $199.

hi iceberg,
yup it sure is the same but cheaper 179 bucks for the system. instead
of 199 :)
god bless
john

$179 system, is only 8 channels!!!!

You do NOT get all the glorystar channels with this system. in order to get them you must buy the $199 system! Then you get over 40 channels!

i think this explains it:
Choose either the Hope Channel package with 8 Adventist channels($179) or the Glorystar package with all 8 Adventist services plus over 30 more Christian channels for only $20 more.

see below for more info:
Hope Channel Package for the Seventh-day Adventist Satellite Reception FTA Equipment Packages - Hope - Adventist Satellite - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems

Correct. The Hope package was the first one I found and I quickly checked out the Glorystar and my wife (who is Adventist) is very happy with the additional channels since many of them show music which is her big thing. No reason to not pay the extra 20 bucks to get all those extra channels.

You do NOT get all the glorystar channels with this system. in order to get them you must buy the $199 system! Then you get over 40 channels!

i think this explains it:
Choose either the Hope Channel package with 8 Adventist channels($179) or the Glorystar package with all 8 Adventist services plus over 30 more Christian channels for only $20 more.

uh, you're about 4 hours late on that one.SatelliteAv explained it pretty well :)

I just realized Gospel Music Channel is on Skyangel. It wasn't there last night. I have been bugging Skyangel for months to replace Spirit with Gospel Music Channel. I guess I'm to blame!!! Spirit is nice but GMC is the premier christian music channel. (In my humble opinion :) :) Anyway I'm a happy customer!!

Did anyone read the new enewsletter? If you click the link for spirit it brings you to the website where it says:
Spirit moves temporarily to KTV

Spirit is excited about being one of the first 24-hour channels to be added to Sky Angel’s new IPTV service when it becomes available over the next year. Prior to its launch full time on Sky Angel’s IPTV service, Spirit programming is available on KTV/Channel 9703 nightly from 11pm ET/8pm PT to 6am ET/3am PT while the newly added Gospel Music Channel is showcased to Sky Angel viewers on Channel 9717 prior to it being added to Sky Angel’s new IPTV service as well.

“We’re excited about this opportunity to be among the first channels to be available on Sky Angel’s new IPTV service,” said Spirit co-founder Kathy Shumate. “We anticipate that the special features and conveniences that IPTV affords will make watching Spirit an even better experience for our viewers and will open the door for us to expand our programming as we are able.

there is also a link for IPTV. Problem I am having is that no where do I clearly see where they explain that they are CANCELLING DBS service and what the switch to IPTV entails. hey before joining this forum I didn't even know what "DBS" was, I had "satellite" :)

There is also the link about subscribing to IPTV , but again it doesn't say your satellite service is being discontinued, explain what broadband is (there are people who don't know). it says "coming soon" so if you aren't interested you wouldn't even click the link! why can't they just be upfront and honest with people? It seems people are supposed to know the hidden meaning of all of this "stuff".

I always wonder about such "press releases". Wouldn't it be funny to see something like:

Spirit executives are really annoyed about the changes, but they figure they don't have any choice but to go along with a smile. "We figured we didn't have many other choices so we are living with the best option of a lousy set of choices said Spirit co-founder Kathy Shumate."

I doubt we will ever see something like that, but it seems more realistic. :)

(BTW, I knew Kathy years ago, and she is a very sweet person so I suspect that the SkyAngel quote is accurate, though I am sure she would prefer to have a 24 hour channel.)

Brad

I found the wording of the SA* newsletter very curious. Will GMC also go away after it has been "showcased" to satellite subscribers for a while, and then become a part-time satellite, full-time IPTV service?

Count Me In

:confused:
I don't think that Glorystar is the prize either as very few will purchase a
system.

I think Glorystar appears to be a great deal.:hatsoff:

You know what I mean; very few Christians and churches are going to purchase FTA equipment to receive "Christian" television. It's not in high demand, even if it is "free". I know from experience.

I am definitely interested.:hungry:

Prize enough that several people from this forum, myself included, have either bought the system or plan on it.

More people than you think may buy a glorystar system.

I agree, I just purchased a system myself. I am a lifetime subscriber to Sky Angel. One reason that I purchased Glorystar is that it has coverage in Mexico where I am currently located. I have not been able to take advantage of my Sky Angel subscription for the last two years. But even if I, were in the States, I think I would still be interested in Glorystar.

I have already told friends and family about Glorystar, several who are or have been Sky Angel subscribers and now they are expressing interest as well.:)

We are definitely going to Glorystar once our Sky Angel subscription expires this fall. As for the Gospel Music Channel...IT ROCKS!! We were watching it almost exclusively all weekend. We didn't realize that so many Christian videos existed in so many musical formats. I'm glad to see Sky Angel bring them aboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts