Sky TG 24 on AMC 12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RussTC3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
Recently I tuned in AMC 12, which has 3 Greek channels and one Italian one (Sky TG 24). The audio and picture are EXCELLENT, but there is a problem with the video sync and was curious if anyone else sees this problem.

The video stutters and is not in sync with the audio most of the time. Is there a fix for this? Or is it unavoidable?

Thanks!

Shawn95GT said:
My 1st guess is that they are in PAL and what you are seeing is the PAL --> NTSC conversion.

Shawn
Damn, thats what I figured as well. No way around it then hey?

RussTC3 said:
Recently I tuned in AMC 12, which has 3 Greek channels and one Italian one (Sky TG 24). The audio and picture are EXCELLENT, but there is a problem with the video sync and was curious if anyone else sees this problem.

The video stutters and is not in sync with the audio most of the time. Is there a fix for this? Or is it unavoidable?

Thanks!
Hello Russ,
Check the value for PCR ID. Usually it should be the same value as the Video PID. If that doesnt work, try setting that PCR ID to 8190.
Hope this helps,
Thomas

spindoctor said:
just buy a cheap traxis 1500 receiver and you are set
Why, does it work on Pal stations or something? Regardless, I don't think it would be worth it to pay $100+ just to pick up a few extra stations.
GMARCA said:
I'm trying to get AMC 12 with no lock can you please tell me wath system you are using and your position and wath channels you get on TG 24 please :shocked Thank you
I have a 10ft C/Ku Band Dish with a 4DTV 920 and a Pansat 3500s.

I have the satellite on my 4DTV at position 2870 and the following channels came in when I scanned the CBand:

Polarity: Horizontal @ 3667
Symbol Rate: @ 6.666

Alter Globe (Greek)
VPID: 512
APID: 640

Mega Cosmos (Greek)
VPID: 513
APID: 641

Sky TG 24 (Italian)
VPID: 514
APID: 642

Alfa International (Blank slate, possible feed station)
VPID: 515
APID: 643
drhydro said:
Hello Russ,
Check the value for PCR ID. Usually it should be the same value as the Video PID. If that doesnt work, try setting that PCR ID to 8190.
Hope this helps,
Thomas
All the channels for the PCR ID are identical, 8190, so I changed it to the Video PID, and the result is the same. It might be slightly better, but I'm not sure.
By the way, how do you edit the channel without scanning for a new one (which is what I did)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)