SkyAngel Plans Move to IPTV

Not really. Or is SKY ANGEL actually planning on adding these channels to DBS? People signed up to advise for the service they receive, not to give free business advice for IPTV! I don't even think they can offer these on DBS, wouldn't it conflict with dish? so who is the advisory panel now working for SKY ANGEL DBS or SKY ANGEL IPTV? I don't imagine they are forming yet another company with a new board are they? They are only changing their mode of broadcasting, correct?

Don't give them your feedback then. :)

While I don't agree with their approach to the whole deal, asking which channels people want seems quite sound.

Brad

It doesn't really matter if Skyangel wants to put them on DBS or not, since Skyangel DBS will not exist shortly anyways. So most likely it is for the IPTV service that must still have some reason to believe most subscribers are going to switch.

I said it before and I will say it again,once the transistion is finished, Johnson Jr. will sell the whole shooting match and Skyangel will completely cease to exist. Then there will be no more issues since you can't rectify problems with a non-existant entity.

If I am right, I am treating myself to a soda! :tux:

hopefully the rules do go that way...knowing SA they could say "we're still exclusive even though we're on IPTV"

Asking what channels people would want would be sound (and honest) IF they expalined about IPTV. As for exclusinve channels, that has to work both ways, most of those channels that skyangel is proposing are available on DISH. so if skyangel carries them then DISH can carry more religious channels, correct?

Asking what channels people would want would be sound (and honest) IF they expalined about IPTV. As for exclusinve channels, that has to work both ways, most of those channels that skyangel is proposing are available on DISH. so if skyangel carries them then DISH can carry more religious channels, correct?

I know you are ticked that they are not being very forthcoming, but that doesn't impact which channels people would like. People may not follow them to IPTV to get them, but people still like whatever channels they would like. :)

Brad

Yes BUT they are asking what channels I want ADDED. This would imply added to DBS . Instead of being an advisory board for our own tv reception we are being used as a source of free marketing advice for IPTV.

If they have to make changes then so be it but how about a little honesty or being forthcoming with information in a timely manner. Is that really so much to ask?

The existence or absence of such honesty is irrelevant. Either you would like the channels or you wouldn't. You are free to ignore or not respond to the survey. :)

I suppose you are also free to hold on to lots of hostility to SkyAngel, but I have yet to see a situation where such hostility ever produced the righteousness Christians are called to....

Brad

Yes BUT they are asking what channels I want ADDED. This would imply added to DBS . Instead of being an advisory board for our own tv reception we are being used as a source of free marketing advice for IPTV.

If they have to make changes then so be it but how about a little honesty or being forthcoming with information in a timely manner. Is that really so much to ask?

HONESTY is "irrelevant" in a so called "Christian company"? Sad if true

Who said that?

I certainly did not. I just know that hostility doesn't make me more Christlike. :)

And I have a whole lot that is much more serious going bad in my life than losing lifetime SkyAngel access. :)

Brad

more important?

It appeared to me that you were saying honesty wasn't important/relevant.
"The existence or absence of such honesty is irrelevant"

As for:
"And I have a whole lot that is much more serious going bad in my life than losing lifetime SkyAngel access"

Unfortunately access to Sky Angel is a SERIOUS issue for my disabled husband and those in similar circumstances. Living on a fixed income with Sky Angel as our only TV and often his only preaching the loss will be severely felt. My husband lost his health in service to others , why should he be deprived of a service we paid for? Being able to purchase a lifetime membership was such a blessing to us.

Sky Angel may be one of many tv services some subscribe to but for others its is there only programming. Please keep that in mind before you write off SKy Angel.

As for:
"And I have a whole lot that is much more serious going bad in my life than losing lifetime SkyAngel access"

Unfortunately access to Sky Angel is a SERIOUS issue for my disabled husband and those in similar circumstances. Living on a fixed income with Sky Angel as our only TV and often his only preaching the loss will be severely felt. My husband lost his health in service to others , why should he be deprived of a service we paid for? Being able to purchase a lifetime membership was such a blessing to us.

Sky Angel may be one of many tv services some subscribe to but for others its is there only programming. Please keep that in mind before you write off SKy Angel.

hi, i just installed my glorystar system it is alsome. there is no monthly fee
to worrty about here is their webpage. the equipment is only 199 dollars
Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems - Free Christian Satellite TV and Radio - Glorystar.tv - Glorystar Christian Satellite Systems
i hope this helpful
god bless
john

It is not relevant to a survey or whether you would like certain channels or not. It is relevant to trusting SkyAngel (or its follow-on) in the future....

As for:

How is being angry going to keep it available? How is being anger going to accomplish anything other than ultimately pollute your own spirit? I guess that is the root of what I am trying to say. Though I will try to shut up about it, since I can't change you. :)

I would buy you a Glorystar system myself if that would make you less angry in this situation, though I don't quite have the spare dollars now. I might be able to help chip in if that would help. :)

Brad

A question and answer from my survey.

10. Do you have any specific suggestions on new channels or programs we could add to improve the overall quality of our television programming? (1000 character limit)

More Christian channels. Less secular channels. A Christian movie channel - like DOVE. A Christian nature/science channel. Discovery and Animal Planet have WAY WAY WAY Too much evolution garbage on them

I thought that discovery and animal planet were evolutionary . haven't seen them myself in years!

Who broadcasts DOVE now, have never heard of it before.

Brad, appreciate the offer :) Could use your prayers more than your $, if you could pray that our doublewide sells SOON to a QUALIFIED buyer (last one wasn't). the sale would go a loong way in helping us out. I am not sooo much angry as disillusioned with skyangel and frustrated by the lack of communication.

I'm on the fence of calling now and ditching SkyAngel before they ditch me, or waiting it out. I figure it would take under a week to get Dish set up, and we could just watch DVDs until then. Since the current Dish deals go out sometime in January, we will switch at the least in December before Christmas.

Is it just me, or have more religious channels been added to Dish and DirecTV lately?

Dove Movie Channel is only available in hospitals from what I understand. I do not know if it is broadcast or prerecorded and send out in video format or how it is made available to them.

It probably isn't available to SkyAngel for rebroadcast, but maybe it is. However, even if it isn't, SkyAngel could motivate some ministry to start up a channel similar to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)