Skybox F5 Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gop32053

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 14, 2013
Florida , USA
Hello , I am trying to set up a new Skybox F5 receiver. I have all the cables in the right place and when I plug it in the tv screen just rolls with Skybox across the screen. It will not let me go to menu or do anything. Am I missing something here or is this unit just defective . The instructions are not helpful here , no troubleshooting guide. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sounds like your in "PAL Mode" !

And also sounds like it's connected to an old CRT type TV. My Openbox S9 will do that too on an old CRT portable I have here that I use for setup. Doesn't do that with an LCD so you can change from PAL to NTSC pretty easy. If you got a LCD flat screen TV around, connect it up to that and you can change the TV output to NTSC instead of PAL.

You got to remember that "most" of these receivers were made to be used in Europe or South America and PAL is the format they use in those countries.

debug the remote

Put some fresh batteries in the remote.
Aim it at a camera-phone, or any electronic camera with a live display.
Press each button in turn on the remote, and see if you get a reaction on the camera display.
May be not that obvious.
Aim the working remote at the receiver, press some buttons and see if the rolling screen changes.
Try the Power button.

There should be a V-FORMAT or FORMAT boton on the remote control. Hit that boton and wait a minute or so, if nothing happens do it again until you get picture

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)