Status
Please reply by conversation.

yankee495

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Southwest Missouri
Jim S. Wrote:

"The Skybox S9 file posted on wydvb.com works fine on an Openbox S9. The switching problems have been fixed, as far as anyone has reported so far. (I know the 22k problem is fixed.)

I'm still using the pre-green-fix firmware though because the blind scan is too slow on certain satellites on the new versions, and I don't use the standard-definition output anyway."

I must say Jim has found a winner...SO FAR!

I just blind scanned AMC1 103W in 3-4 minutes. I used an analog clock on the wall to time it and didn't watch the second hand. RTV and the HD channels are not jerky nor do they stutter. 22 Khz is fixed! Can record in PS (Program Stream) or TS (Transport Stream) with no conversion necessary to play on a PC. I haven't found any major bugs...clock still don't work.

It has a Skybox boot logo and a darker swirled pattern when you hit menu than the Openbox FW but it looks good. Going to the Information screen and hitting 777777 doesn't give you the extra info anymore, you have to hit 888888 (however many times, I just hit it till it pops up) like it says for the S10.

Mine shows Chip ID 9D1A which is supposed to mean it is not a clone.

I'm going to post this as an S9 info thread because this is the best I have seen.

Finally something that may work until a clock fix which if this ones works as good as it looks then it is a keeper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)