SkywayUSA and Birdog

Dear Jim,

I do apologize for the delay in my reply. I have now uploaded new selections for
AMC-15 to the BirDog configure web site.

The selection you would require is the UV AMC-15 SkyWay 105 West selection
at the top of the Customer Specific list on the BirDog configure web site.

Please do give this selection a try and let me know your results.

Rob.

Regards,
Robert Sydee
Technical Manager

Horizon Global Electronics Ltd

Thanks so much for the upload. I was speaking with Rick right when it was uploaded. I does work well and lock on AMC15. Now the next problem. Here in batavia on the normal SkywayUSA dish we get next to no signal. We had gotten sent to us Model# E0851W12-3 dish. That works better here we can get about a 9.0 on AMC15. But there are some issues. The Mast that supports the dish is ment to be mounted on a flat surface, terrace or wall. Most of our customers almost always want the dish mounted on the roof or on a pole. We can't use this to do a roof mount because the support arms that support the mast are ment for flat surfaces only. The model number of the Mast is B4507402.

Back to the drawing board, but its getting there!!

Thanks to everyone who helped with this issue, BIG thanks to birdog for getting the file so quickley.

powerismine

Using a First Strike FS-1 meter. Had an absolutely TERRIBLE time trying to get a lock with this meter today. Analog was also no help.

If anyone can supply the AMC-15 parameters for Skyway USA to best be used with a First Strike FS-1, I would be grateful.

The parameters I am able to enter into the meter required are the following: orbital location (105W), frequency, symbol rate, LO, H or V, and 22kHz on or off.

We finally resulted to tuning the dish with tech support over the phone with tech relaying to me the signal as I was panning the dish (not the best way IMO).

I was on-site long enough to do a 3-room DishNet install just trying to get a signal from AMC-15 with their 76cm dish.

Thanks in advance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts